The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Eve online

Daston

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a proven fit and I can't make it better :) It's used for running fleets so it's tough as nails and runs warfare link mods over and above any sort of actual firepower. Check it out, especially the shields ;) All resist are, with the link running, 68 to 85%, totally passive...

It's survived 5 HACs and 15 drones for about 5 minutes and 13 BS calling me primary for long enough to realise and bug out. i like my Vulture :)

I have a proven fit and I can't make it better :) It's used for running fleets so it's tough as nails and runs warfare link mods over and above any sort of actual firepower. Check it out, especially the shields ;) All resist are, with the link running, 68 to 85%, totally passive...

It's survived 5 HACs and 15 drones for about 5 minutes and 13 BS calling me primary for long enough to realise and bug out. i like my Vulture :)

looks similar to my fit except i use 5 assault launcher 2's with prec lights and don't mwd it (more shield the merrier) i go for the all passive version too with t2 Em resist and all SPR2 in lows with 2 of the core defence field purger rigs. have tanked 2 full sets of carrier fighters and only just got broken by the third set ;) no ship in game so far has been able to produce enough DPS to break the tank 1 on 1 (challenge?) my corpmate got closest so far with his geddon and 14 mil SP's in gunnery and got me down to 48% shield :) I too love my vulture, but I have a soft spot for my inti shredding Nighthawk (6 t2 AL +prec with warhead flare catalyst rigs and 3 BCU2 ) 3.5 sec ROF lags me out ! 1 volley wonder on avg inti as exp velocity is not far off 6k m/s ;)

Just joined the group you've setup, been playing on EVE for 5 years, 3 plus years were taken as a break after getting married but I'm back now thanks to this thread :)

List of people on here as follows

Ian C = John Rourke

Daston = Sakanoue

Juanchan = Juan Chan

Supra Size Me = Smutt and Cunningfox

MrAngry = Jason Chandon

Jive = Jive

See, I'm not great with names either :D

I'm currently in Isanamo trying to get some money to buy a bigger and better ship. Some of those pics are great although I keep wanting to move the pic around like you would in EVE :D

Will have to get a meet sorted :cool:

Sorry for double post.

I'll have to chat to you guys, Juanchan, Jive on Tuesday about this. It looks amazing stuff. :)

Same as MRX though. New language going on here. :D

It's good, but highly addictive and will take up any free time you may have! And to get as good as Ian C, you'll have to play for a few years! My battles are very small compared to some of those pictures!

Anyone got a spare teampeak server / ventrilo we could do a meet up on there and swap stories / hints and tips about the game. I only started getting "good" at eve a cple of years ago when I joined a corp that had some guys in who really knew their stuff and they showed me around 0.0 space etc and how not to die all the time :) (i still die just not as often ! ) maybe do a meet up in game and kill some stuff together

regards,

Smutt

Yep, next Tuesday, 8pm. Don't fancy meeting Andy and I somewhere again?

Yep, sounds good to me, same place as last time?

It's good, but highly addictive and will take up any free time you may have! And to get as good as Ian C, you'll have to play for a few years! My battles are very small compared to some of those pictures!

I played on EVE for about 2 years but got nowhere as good as Ian C, think having your own corp makes a lot of difference instead of soloing.

Ian C = John Rourke

Daston = Sakanoue

Juanchan = Juan Chan

MrAngry = Jason Jaeger Chandon

Jive = Jive

Close but no coconut Jive ;)

Whoooops, sorry MrAngry :)

Anyone got a spare teampeak server / ventrilo we could do a meet up on there and swap stories / hints and tips about the game.

Good idea, unfortunately I don't have a spare server in my house, don't think the misses would be too happy with that whirring away in the office :D

Now if I could get one in the loft ...

Hi Carlos,

EvE is relatively easy game to get into if you've got half a head for maths, the best advice i think is to try the 14 day free trial and do the training missions followed by the level 1 missions for the race you start the game with. This will help you get used to how to fly the ships and what all the different modules/guns do against NPC pirates, this will give you a better grounding for flying against other players later on in the game. use the money from missions to get better ships and move onto harder missions etc. train up your learning skills early on in the game also as they really make a difference to how quick you learn new skills

hey guys thinking of starting up on EVE is it easy to pick up and to get involved in groups and so on. just reading FAQ's and it sounds quite cool so any advice for a newbie would be well appreciated. :thumbs:

Hi Carlos, if you follow the tutorials when you first start, you'll soon pick up what to do. It can be quite daunting once you've finished the tutorials though, bear in mind EVE is MASSIVE - have a look around on the forums for guides, there are some great information PDFs that people have created etc. Plus aways ask ingame as people will give you loads of help.

For those of you that missed Alex's post on page two, you really need to download these videos that Ian C aka John Rourke in EVE made, the main movie took 2 years to make and although I haven't seen it yet (download problems) I'm betting it's brilliant, the trailer is :cool:

Trailer - 26mb

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/clearskies_trailer1.mpg

Pilot Movie - 450mb

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/Clear_Skies.wmv

Bloopers -

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/Bucket.wmv

Ian, I'm not sure if you ever posted the links to these videos on here and I hope I haven't stepped outta line putting them on here but I'm sure people will enjoy your work even if they don't understand the game :)

Ian C = John Rourke

Daston = Sakanoue

Juanchan = Juan Chan

MrAngry = Jaeger Chandon

Jive = Jive

sdavies = Cavenargh Kewcee

(Not on all that much, but if you see me don't abuse me too much ;)) - bit of a carebear as I am such a casual player (i.e. solo when I get time, group for giggles if I can find a relatively neutral mate on (everyone else seems to get me gang r***d if I join them with all this war dec'ing going on!)).. I rare PVP unless it's someone I know or am reaaallly p*ssed at. Need to spend some time working up my PVP skills then move on in with some nice unfriendlies and forget the old life :)

Yep, sounds good to me, same place as last time?

I played on EVE for about 2 years but got nowhere as good as Ian C, think having your own corp makes a lot of difference instead of soloing.

Same place is cool with me.

I'm kinda getting involved with MrAngry's corp as they're fairly small yet seem friendly enough. Plus I don't want to be in way over my head initially!

Hi Carlos, if you follow the tutorials when you first start, you'll soon pick up what to do. It can be quite daunting once you've finished the tutorials though, bear in mind EVE is MASSIVE - have a look around on the forums for guides, there are some great information PDFs that people have created etc. Plus aways ask ingame as people will give you loads of help.

For those of you that missed Alex's post on page two, you really need to download these videos that Ian C aka John Rourke in EVE made, the main movie took 2 years to make and although I haven't seen it yet (download problems) I'm betting it's brilliant, the trailer is :cool:

Trailer - 26mb

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/clearskies_trailer1.mpg

Pilot Movie - 450mb

http://go-dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/Clear_Skies.wmv

Bloopers -

http://dl.eve-files.com/media/corp/JohnRourke/Bucket.wmv

Ian, I'm not sure if you ever posted the links to these videos on here and I hope I haven't stepped outta line putting them on here but I'm sure people will enjoy your work even if they don't understand the game :)

Cheers for the links. Haven't watched them yet though. When I did a search as per Alex's post, I couldn't find anything at all! :)

Same place is cool with me.

I'm kinda getting involved with MrAngry's corp as they're fairly small yet seem friendly enough. Plus I don't want to be in way over my head initially!

Hmm ... might have to have a word with him then, I too dont want to join a massive corp as I'd feel way outta my league, small and not too much pressure would be good :)

Chuck me a text when you're leaving on Tuesday like last time and I'll meet you there :)

Cheers for the links. Haven't watched them yet though. When I did a search as per Alex's post, I couldn't find anything at all! :)

Don't worry, if you search the main forum for clear skies it brings up shed loads of posts, think it's picking it up from someones signature. I looked in the video section and found it on the first page, massive thread and everyone is very complimentary - just gonna watch the main movie now before the race :)