The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Saying a BIG hello and looking for J-spec Auto TT Aerotop

MaRkYbOy72

Hello to all ...

I have just joined up to the club and will no longer be renewing my FTO owners club description. Have seen a few TT's but not found that I have fallen for yet :-)

If anyone knows of a decent TT Aerotop for sale (between £5,500 and £6,500) please let me know :-) Mileage is not a problem if its been well looked after.

Many thanks

MaRkY

Guest Nicholas

bit of a low budget that for an aerotop TT auto mate, I know MK47 has a nice black tt auto for sale around the 6k mark but it's not an aerotop.

Hi and Welcome to the club.

I'm afraid you've not a chance in hell of picking up an Aero TT for that price... Aerotop n/a's are still going for around 5k... Should be looking around 9/10k for a decent TT Aero.

If you found one for 6k that's a major bargain snap it up! (just do all the checks first)

110k miles, slight oil leak, not sure about the running of the second turbo?

Need some advice really. Who's best to speak to on here?

add 2 grand on to your budget and you will land a nice one.At 6k you will be scraping the bottom of the barrel.

Not sure what to do ... 6k is a bargain for an aerotop. The second turbo didnt always pull smoothly when i stamped my foot down. When i used it gradually, it was mostly ok.

This could well indicate a problem with the sequential system.Its not too hard to fix usually once you have found the problem.There is a guide on here which will help you identify it.Im sure someone will be along soon with a link to it for you:)

Not sure what to do ... 6k is a bargain for an aerotop. The second turbo didnt always pull smoothly when i stamped my foot down. When i used it gradually, it was mostly ok.

Just remember, a new TT engine will cost ££££'s to replace and turbos arent cheap either!:Pling:

We shall see ... :-) Have already looked at one for 6k and nearly bought it ...

110k miles, slight oil leak, not sure about the running of the second turbo

did it have engine at all? :D

can't undesrtand why people would like to buy cheap dog and then spend another £2-3k + time to fix the problems...

also if the car looks like not been maintened properly u never know what comes next

10+ years old not maintained properly sports car with 100k+ miles on the clock can make your life misarable

Hi dude,

Their are bargains to be found especially this time of year if your willing to wait and do a lot of searching....ive seen a couple too when i was looking for a TT, dont be put off by an N/A aerotop though, i have just sold one and their not slow either.

And i can tell you from first hand experience what some people think is good condition and what is actually good nick are two different things.

anyway Your find some invaluable advice here on the forum...don't buy the first one you see either, go to a meet and look at some others i might help?

Good luck!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.