The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Power loss with new intercooler

Guest cooljam

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions, especially K14 (I'll check the actuator), Ian C for the links and Paul Mac for supporting the people that can't always afford to buy Blitz!

Power to eBay!

Some branded stuff is overpriced tat. Some of it you pay for the comprehensiveness of the kit. Some of it can cost money and still be awful!

But by the same yardstick, not all XS Power kit is just-as-good-but-non-branded-so-cheap. It can in fact be shockingly shite, there are pictures on this site of appallingly welded exhaust manifolds (I think Ryan G lost a turbo because of the welds breaking off and going through the blades) and badly mis-sized turbos. And I only know of one brand new intercooler that's leaked enough air to affect boost production and that was XS power as well.

My money is still on the sequential system having a hissy fit though.

-Ian

Guest cooljam

Final Thanks to all.

Ian C is right cheap unbranded is not always the best road to go down. I normally go for a known make. So far so good on the intercooler. Welds look good as does the unit.

The fault was tracked down to the boost sensor not the inercooler.

Everything is back to normal (whatever that is!)