The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Not something you see everyday...

Jezz

My Mrs is a massive fan of old planes, and there she was hanging out the washing at midday and heard an old familiar sound she'd not heard for a while. Looked up, and there in all its glory......

The VULCAN!!!!!! Flying right over my house, around 500 feet up. She just missed getting the camera in time, but I told her if its gear was still down, its only on its short maiden return to service test flight, and will be flying back over around 10 mins later. Sure enough........

Sorry about the quality. She couldnt figure out the zoom. :rolleyes: :D

"not something you see every day"

for the people that take a train to southend it is something they see everyday! lol, one at the airport there, but nice to see one up in the sky :)

:D I've seen that one, with its arse hanging over the train track. It was just nice to see that shape in flight again. ;)

I Had one as my fly past on my passing out parade from basic training back in the ole days. Awesome pieces of kit I have to say. The noise is incredible when they pull as hard up as they can on max power straight over you :) They are even more awesome in the flesh as well. Duxford air museum has one (or they did years ago) and when you stand under it you feel sooooo small. Just stand next to the blue steel missile knock up that the Vulcan used to carry and that dwarfs the modern tornado which is no small bit of kit itself. Actually thinking about it Duxford is a good day out even if you aren't a total aircraft nerd. The original wooden tailed concorde is there as is one of Britains finest abandoned projects the TSR2. A true testament to British aviation engineering that spawned Britain's current engineering excellence in the current world.

Brings back so many memories, i used to like near newark, notts and they were based near there at the raf air base and used to use the local powerstation as target practice so every week they used to fly over my house pretty low for dummy bomb runs :) and when i mean low i'm talking you could see the pilots who used to wave at you when they banked round and used to shake the chimny pots off the houses :D

Great to see such a great plane back in the skys :)

Mike