The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fancy a RIGHT hand drive Corvette Z06??

Andy-No-Knee

I would only have a RHD 'Vette if I was given it for free.

Why buy an American car if you just make it European? Waste of time and money.

The Europeans drive on the same side as the yanks, I would have a RHD version as it would better to drive than a LHD, and it would be different.

Horse for courses though........

The Europeans drive on the same side as the yanks, I would have a RHD version as it would better to drive than a LHD, and it would be different.

Horse for courses though........

I doubt it would be better to drive, afaik the right hand "peddle box" is much smaller and therefore uncomfortable.

I doubt it would be better to drive, afaik the right hand "peddle box" is much smaller and therefore uncomfortable.

That was my concern when I went to look at a RHD C5 about a year ago, but the C4 was the one that had that problem. The RH footwell was tiny as the engine & gearbox were slightly offset to the right.

The C5 has a transaxle, so they didn't need to do this. Hence C5's in RHD have plenty of room. However, I wouldn't have one either.

Factory RHD yank cars have been tried as official UK imports in the past and have pretty much without exception been a commercial failure. People who bought them have been left with cars that they spent a fair wedge on and are very quickly worth next to nothing.

I seem to remember a cost of about £8000 for the conversion parts for a C5. Then you have to add on the labour if you're having someone do it for you. Not worth half that TBH. I'll keep my LHD C5 in preference to that any day! I'm actually starting to prefer it to RHD now anyway!