The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra n/a wanted!

banni_supra

Think you'll struggle with finding a manual at that price mate.

Not impossible though - I got my manual NA (in black) for £3500 about a month ago. Be prepared to travel though. From Newcastle I looked at cars in Leeds, Derby, Manchester and a few others before finding the right one in Cambridgeshire.

Best of luck in your search.

Think you'll struggle with finding a manual at that price mate.

Not impossible though - I got my manual NA (in black) for £3500 about a month ago. Be prepared to travel though. From Newcastle I looked at cars in Leeds, Derby, Manchester and a few others before finding the right one in Cambridgeshire.

Best of luck in your search.

Yeah i agree mate, and I'm prepared to travel, im in no great rush so im just hoping to be patient and find the right 1 for me, there are a few currently in the for sale im considering just wanted to get this thread up in case anyones thinking of selling, thanks for your input pal. :)

If its an N/A manual you are looking for I reckon £5k for a good one, if you go down to £3.5k you will either have to be very very lucky or be willing to end up with a crap one.

Anyone agree with that?

Its being a manual that will bump up the price.

I sold my Manual NA for £3800, I had it up for sale for about 3 months and even at that price struggled to sell it. :(

I think this is a harsh fact.

I also think a manual should cost more than this guy's budget - but reality proves that not to be the case. I've watched some of the for sale threads and they just don't seem to be selling. I still can't believe that Sabrina didn't sell hers - that was a 6 speed facelift and still didn't sell, even when she was asking little over £4K.

Here is a thought....if a good manual TT costs around 9k+ and a few people in here seem to think a manual NA should be 3.5k, why not buy a manual NA for £3500 and then have the engine swapped for £3000. Total cost is then £6500 for a TT that leaves you £2500 for a bodykit, alloys, window tints, stereo and anything else you want.

Thats because it was white....white cars are always hard to sell!

link below :)

I think this is a harsh fact.

I also think a manual should cost more than this guy's budget - but reality proves that not to be the case. I've watched some of the for sale threads and they just don't seem to be selling. I still can't believe that Sabrina didn't sell hers - that was a 6 speed facelift and still didn't sell, even when she was asking little over £4K.

Sabrinas car is the one I was talking about...

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=124309

Here is a thought....if a good manual TT costs around 9k+ and a few people in here seem to think a manual NA should be 3.5k, why not buy a manual NA for £3500 and then have the engine swapped for £3000. Total cost is then £6500 for a TT that leaves you £2500 for a bodykit, alloys, window tints, stereo and anything else you want.

there more to think about...

TT engine - £1500 no additional bits (no labour)

so you still need, turbos, fueling, ecu, loom, etc

6 speed gearbox - £2000 - £3000 depending on parts and labour

Then there is brakes, diff, suspension to think about...

That is an insane price for that!

The only reason its not sold for more (I think) is the colour. White is always a hard colour to sell, esp. in such a beefy looking big car. It should be 5.5-6k in that condition, 6spd manual!!

Mad.

Everyone with money, have a fight to buy it, you won't find nicer than that.

there more to think about...

TT engine - £1500 no additional bits (no labour)

so you still need, turbos, fueling, ecu, loom, etc

6 speed gearbox - £2000 - £3000 depending on parts and labour

Then there is brakes, diff, suspension to think about...

Jezz is doing all the work for you:-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=114898&highlight=engine+swap

£3000

Suspension is the same anyway. Bilsteins on mine, just the same as the TT.

That is an insane price for that!

The only reason its not sold for more (I think) is the colour. White is always a hard colour to sell, esp. in such a beefy looking big car. It should be 5.5-6k in that condition, 6spd manual!!

Mad.

Everyone with money, have a fight to buy it, you won't find nicer than that.

Its been for sale for a while... its a buyers market, and buyers always want a good (maybe too good) price. I would love to buy Sabrinas car if I was looking for a NA.

Absolute bargain...

Jezz is doing all the work for you:-

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=114898&highlight=engine+swap

£3000

Suspension is the same anyway. Bilsteins on mine, just the same as the TT.

And that is on your standard gearbox... He will also do a gearbox transfer but thats another £2500 or there abouts.

Then there is still diff, brakes... all adds up :)

EDIT - I also do not see a mention of intercoolers or turbos in that thread, however did only read the first few posts...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.