The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Love or hate your job?

JamieP

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know that mate. Got 25% of the guys on the bench!

We're expecting some bad news soon.... :(

I've gone for pay the bills for the moment, else, love my job.

Good to see some great talent within the club, no doubts will call on a good few of you in the future. (building work, bathroom jobbie, etc) :D

I work for the infamous failed investment bank, winding up the business, I am the Director of Corporate Services looking after restaurants, delis, gym, reception, vending, logistics and switchboard

Used to love the place but its not the same anymore

I am a chef by trade, worked in some nice places over the years and miss cooking very much

I absolutely love my job. I look forward to getting to work, and feel a bit sad when its time to go home :shock:

Not a 'normal' job by any means, but I work with a great team and we have an absolute hoot :D And when it gets exciting it REALLY gets exciting ;)

Tescos ? :sly:

:D

I work for the company which is proud to have won the most money from the NHS this year for it's negligence. Irwin Mitchell. I love it because I move department every 4 months at the moment.... new teams, new tasks etc.

Getting up at 5.30am each day blows though

I love my job. Have only been there about a month but so far so good. And there are some handsome boys there which helps. :D

I'm a conveyancer so I'm lucky to have got a new job in the current market.

I also have a passion for writing stories and stuff - but I'm happy that's a side project for now.

I never thought I'd say it but I actually just like having a job, whatever it is. I hate not working.

I had to photocopy some deeds yesterday.... was so nervous as they were from 1830...written by hand.... you conveyancers are a weird lot! :p

I wouldn't worry, they'd only get dematerialised or 'thrown away' if the land registry ever get hold of them. It's a shame really, I find old deeds really interesting. Is that sad? :D

Since this thread was first created, I love my job even more. Still get to work from home, pretty much choose my hours, though it does demand quite a lot of them (60 at least per week). However, I get to visit a lot of the world i'd never have bothered to visit otherwise, met some great people and have a superb team (both those working for me, and those I work for).

Money is okay but really should go for a better paying one at some point (and move to the next rung on the ladder), but would hate to have a job I didn't enjoy doing... decisions, decisions!

To quote an esteemed member on here, "I love my job, it pays for my Supra."

Actually, my job is very rewarding, and I do genuinely enjoy being there. I don't tend to do much work, as I'm either on here or Facebook at any moment in time, but maybe I should make more of an effort, as I'm going to be the MD soon, and it have to take some responsibility for everyone there! ;)

Im a panelbeater and starting to get sick of it. Working with a few twats who are really lazy and cant be bothered doing their job right.Left to me and a few others to pick up the pieces and rectify their problems. Also seem to be doing a lot more jobs and a lot more running about than them. Getting a bit sick of it! Rant over, sorry folks:blink:

Been a chef for 8years, and still love every second of it. Even more so now that the boss is investing in a experemental kitchen for me to go nuts in :D. only had it a day and i was making pea flavoured caviar :D. I love watching Heston Blumenthal, Ferran Adria and attempting to recreate there food and even put my own little twist on it. At the moment i wouldn't have it any other way :)

Ive sent c.v's to AA,RAC (as recovery driver) CRUICKSHANKS/BALFOUR BEATTY, SCOTIA GAS NETWORKS, TESCO+MORRISONS (hgv driver) to name but a few, but so far ive heard nada. I can turn my hand to anything but my current job only pays just above national min wage so its a constant struggle. bloody depressing