The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Hobbies, what do you do?

KimberleyAnn

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used to do programming for fun :blink: now I just use it as a handy tool for when I want to achieve something. I also used to write music (good old tracker programs) and still do now and again if I need it for a specific reason. Handy skills to have lying around but I moved on from them as a creative outlet.

I'm now heavily into film and video editing, got a mahoosive project on at the moment that's keeping me off the streets. Oh, I knocked this up in a few hours after a flash of inspiration:

Just something daft ;)

I self taught myself mechanics and mapping and some car electrics and stuff too :) I like messing with the techie side of things and sussing stuff out. Er what else, oh yes I've taken up running and am currently training for a half marathon and I've been target shooting for the last 17 years. Used to shoot pistol (but they are gone now and all gun crime has stopped ;) ) Now I've got a .357Mag Marlin lever action carbine, a couple of .22LR rifles, and a .357Mag Taurus long barreled revolver :D (and yet I've not, in 17 years, murdered anyone - go figure you liberal carebears)

Mind you I've slaughtered millions playing pooter games. Mostly I play those co-op with friends now though as it's rather more sociable. Oooh and Eve-Online, it's still brill after 4+ years.

-Ian

I've been target shooting for the last 17 years. Used to shoot pistol (but they are gone now and all gun crime has stopped ;) ) Now I've got a .357Mag Marlin lever action carbine, a couple of .22LR rifles, and a .357Mag Taurus long barreled revolver :D (and yet I've not, in 17 years, murdered anyone - go figure you liberal carebears)

Cool, I would like to do more target shooting, not with just an air rifle. So am I right in thinking that .22 calibre rifles are allowed under licence? what about the revolvers? how are they legal under the handgun laws?

Im a golfer most weekends, play off 14 at the mo but hope to bring that down a bit before the winter.

Also play 5 aside football every monday, gym on either tuesday or thursday or im feeling fruity i go both nights.

I also like anything R/C especially drift cars ;)

Most of my other time im on my xbox or out getting drunk :p

Cool, I would like to do more target shooting, not with just an air rifle. So am I right in thinking that .22 calibre rifles are allowed under licence? what about the revolvers? how are they legal under the handgun laws?

.22LR semiauto are allowed on ticket, that's it for semiauto. The revolver is a "Long Barrelled Revolver" and not calssified in law as a handgun :) It's 24" overall length with a 12" barrel and a wrist brace extension.

It's quite a rigmarole getting involved, PM me if you want to know more :)

-Ian

my hobbies at the mo are... sleeping!

I work so much at the moment I catch up on sleep when I can.

when I have the motivation..... I used to play golf, off scratch. I was going to play it pro when I was younger but lost interest.

Model car racing... just got into nitro's

computer games... I was a beta tester for Ps2 games and I will be testing Ps3 games in a month or so.

Currently learning flairing for work, yes the throwing bottles around and generally making cocktails with style flairing... and its bloody hard! hit my self on the head a few times! :lol:

and finally cars! This is one of my big hobbies. I'm a qualified mechanic but couldnt see me doing it as a job. Im seriously into ICE installs and love fabricating sub boxes etc. I have soo many mental ideas, just never the funds to do it!