The mkiv Supra Owners Club

cat d repaired supra

Guest sito2

car is advertised on pistonheads (253430) at 3950

open to offers or a swap and some cash my way

car runs perfect,has a small scuff on passenger rear wheel arch

no mechanical modifications to the car ,cloth interior no rips . remote cobra alarm immobiliser

reason i am selling is that my wife is expecting .....AGAIN:(

simon

WITH PEOPLES OPINION AND HINDSIGHT............CAR IS NOW REDUCED TO 3250

I want those wheels!

you can have the wheels and the car can be thrown in.....:p

seriously the car is now being reduced in hindsight to 3250

Break it, with prices they are just now you can get a "un repaired version" for what your asking (and that's the reduced price)

you will be lucky to get £1.5k-£2k you will get a lot more breaking it.

He'll never get 3750 if people post that its not worth it, why not let buyers decide and PM him if you feel that strongly, its not like he's asked for valuations...

Bit late now tho - good luck with the sale!

Cat D Registered? i would suggesting halving that figure

Cat D on a new car = BAD NEWS

Cat D on an old car could be due to VERY minor yet auite expensive damage.

A Supra of this age would become a cat D if somebody scratched the bonnet doors and roof , as the respray costs make the car an uneconomical write off.....

A newer more valuable car would simply be repaired, end of

A Supra of this age would become a cat D if somebody scratched the bonnet doors and roof , as the respray costs make the car an uneconomical write off.....

A newer more valuable car would simply be repaired, end of

I agree! I've used to work for a company who bought either cat-d or sometimes cat-c cars and we repaired them and sold them on. Some of the cat-d cars had only very slight cosmetic damage and with having been in the trade it has never put me off purchasing a car that was previously damaged. (Quality of work depending!!!)

end of

As a buyer though, Cat D suggests 'Damage' and makes you think of the worse case scenario irrespective of whether this is the case. For the money you can buy a similar car which is not Cat D.

- Again though it is a lovely looking car and I wish the seller well.

thank you for all replies good or bad...... i bought the car off of a friend and he told me straight away about the cat d, i would have found it very hard to spot to be honest,

i felt it was better to be honest to every one as the car is fantastic and very straight and all i can tell is that the front and rear bumpers have been removed to repaired or replaced sometime in its life and the drivers door lock does not operate with the key.

when i was younger,i have bought a few cat d cars and had them repaired the majority were minor bumper or paint damage

maybe "glasgow bhoy" can enlighten me to what the damage was to this car.

thanks

simon

Guest Glasgow_bhoy

The damage to this car was very light, it was the rear quarter panel and new front bumper thats it. (Lost teh back end on a roundabout) When I bought the car I even contacted the previous owner who let me know that the damage was very minor, he was not surprised to see it back on the road.

The reason it was resprayed completely was there were a few dings parking etc that needed seeing to. So to do a good job the guy I bought it from completely resprayed the whole car.

This car is absolutely flawless really, I understand that many people would look at it being a cat D and trying to stay away. The only reason I sold it was I bought an R33 Skyline Stage 1 conversion, I couldn't afford bith of them. Otherwise it would still be on my drive

The engine in this car is absolutely mint, we even replaced the common problem of the starter motor. So really buying this car for anyone is going to be trouble free.... Go and test drive it you wont be dissapointed.

Guest Jarl Ayari

This does seem to be expensive. I have just bought after looking around for quite a while a mint unmodified SZ NA 1995 car with just 57000 miles and fresh mot for just 3k.

You should be looking at about 2000 to 2250

Andi

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.