The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tattoo. What you guys think???

Andyhannah

It looks dull. Needs shading and detail or it'll look like youve been drawing fishbones with your girl friends eye liner :p

Not into tatts although Stonkin has a fabulous one but his is a work of art with loads of detail and its on his back so not hitting you in the face - and he has the physique to carry it off, I believe :innocent:

Lx

I like it, looks great tho I would have it higher (though you can't). I've a large tribal on my arm, I have it poking just out of the sleeve if wearing short sleeved shirts as I just like to 'hint' at a tattoo.

I've done a large design to match it wrapping round my shoulder and back and just poking up the neck line as a 'hint'. Just haven't got time to get it done!

I don't think tattoos have the same stigma attached to them now, the shadow PM's missus has one IIRC. Look great on the lower back on girls too.

Andy, i have to say, i think you could find a nicer design. As others have said, it would be good to see what you have already. In my opinion if your gona have more than 1 tattoo in 1 area as you say you already have something shoulder/arm related, is there anyway the 2 could be incorporated togther, so they can work as 1 piece? I only say that as otherwise you'll soon be looking like a canvas with many different pictures, but hey, that is my feelings.

When i chose mine, there were many different reasons for choosing a dragon, ranging from my personal opinion of their existance and how i see them, how i see myself as a person in relation to them (no i dont think im a dragon! :) ) and a spiritual side. I will not get anymore, which is why i'm so glad i had it done so big, and also somewhere where it can be covered up if need be (my back) To me a tattoo is a piece of art, not graffiti as many may see it, its there forever and is a big choice to make. Basicly i'm glad i umed and ard for 4 years before having it done. Mine had to be for a reason, rather than saying, 'well, it looked good in the book'

Theres a thin line between giving an opinion an a tat and slating it as it is going on your body not mine. It all depends what you want from a tat, no one can help you with that. As i said above, mine was not to create a thug image, or to follow the crowd but simply a choice i made to alter my body to reflect me as a person, the same as i would go to the gym, to better myself and make me happy. Because of that i know i will never grow tired of it, 5 years or 50 years from now, i will never forget why i had it done.

I personally prefer more lifelike pictures than bold/flat designs.

1 other thing to think about, you have found a picture that is already on someone elses arm, so if you are set on that kinda design, change it as much as poss to personalise it for you, create something unique for you.

All the best with what you chose to do

Christian.

PS, Linda, thankyou very much for kind comments :) x

• 3 weeks later...