The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keighley Trade Sports & Performance

JamieP

Bl00dy hell, mate!

I was in the states when you were going through all that - sorry I missed it.

Glad things are sorted now and you have another (better) one.

I'd be interested to know the details on the companies who are bringing in write-offs and selling them here. (Feel free to pm me!)

Mine is a euro-spec, bought new by the chap I bought it from in Germany. He's the secretary & treasurer of CCCUK, so I figured it would have been difficult for him to conceal any mishaps as all and sundry would have found out about it. (Of course, I HPI'd it just to be sure - after all, it could have been financed or something like that)

So far so good anyway - had it almost a year now and it still has a habit of surprising me with how well it handles. Feels like an overgrown go-kart at times!

Have you posted any pics of your new 'vette on here?

It was an experience, to put it mildly.

My own fault entirely for not checking it out before buying the car, but my heart ruled my head there. I was absolutely gutted when the carfax report came back.

I haven't posted pics of the new one yet, I tend to just lurk nowadays. I love the car though - standard black Z51 manual, one owner from new in texas. He moved back here with the car and a pile of receipts an inch thick :)

It drives SO much better than the old one, no creaks and the handling is excellent with Z51. I was intending to sell it on again at the end of the summer, but it is too good to let go of :eyebrows:

I'll PM you the details of the garages and importer, it seems to be very common unfortunately.

A dealer had my old blue one on ebay last week, no mention of a crash. It sold before I could do anything about it :(

Sorry for the hijack, Jamie :rolleyes:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I visited that place a few years back. Bit of a mix of some real ropey crap and the odd car that appeared to be in half decent condition. Bit of a gamble buying any used car, but I would guess the odds on finding a decent motor at that place are even greater from the stuff Ive seen in the past.

stay clear my mate got an evo from there around 6 months ago got it half way to wigan and bang ,whizz, splutter it died and needed a whole new engine he paid 5 grand for the car just 2 hrs previous its still in the hands of the trading standards people in leeds as the garage is stating "he must have driven it too hard and hadnt taken the correct proceedures etc etc" they basically import crap (grade 3 if you are lucky) just read the reports on them and decide for yourself

Im off to see a black c5 convertable in a min, ill let you know what i think of them when im back:)

I didnt like it, didnt feel very fast and looked dated inside to me, cant find anything thats a patch on a porsche 996 turbo yet so looks like im just gonna have to get one of them.