The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keighley Trade Sports & Performance

JamieP

buy it, threaten to sue them if anything goes wrong or get a water tight warranty, if they are not interested then tell then eat sh*t, if they sell for less than the norm and have a few issues surely that is to be expected or they would cost more, sure you could get issues sorted chepaer if there were any, just make sure it has not had big crash:)

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

buy it, threaten to sue them if anything goes wrong or get a water tight warranty, if they are not interested then tell then eat sh*t,

It was one of there guys who this week told me that the N/A Supra I was looking at had a single turbo.... and that all N/As have single turbos and the TTs have 2.... he was so certain, I even asked you all when i got home to make sure they were speaking shit.

The main problem with the place in my opinion is the people not the cars. They are dodgy as hell. The majority didn't even speak English :tongue:

The cars they imported this week (and I was fortunate enough to arrive at the same time as the cars) seemed pretty nice.

That black one was on the trip to the south of France with Wayney off here. Plenty of pics in his thread about 'All Roads Lead to Gauge....'

There's some more pics of it here:

CLICK

I like the C6, in fact I preferred it before buying my 'vette, but the more I see them at meets and stuff, the more I prefer my C5. (strangely) Still a nice car the C6 though, and you can't argue with that performance!

The one from Keighley is most likely to be a japanese import.

That black C6 is :cool: the lights look so much better in a dark colour.

Jamie, the modifying scene is bigger for Vettes than it is for Supras, and in some areas cheaper too. Seems to be a slippery slope, some decats here, some titanium backboxes there, then a remap comes along, then you think about fruity manifolds and getting the chequebook out for a lumpy camshaft, then the next thing you know you've got yourself a 427ci twin turbocharged Lingenfelter than runs 8's.... :D

Just to echo everyone else, steer clear of the Keighley car.

I bought it a 54 plate C5 with 9k on the clock - it was a written off in America when it was 1 year old. There are a lot of 'salvage titles' in the UK, make sure you get the VIN checked on the US corvette forums. Luckily for me, the seller took it back and I got my black one.

I'd definately recommend a C5 :)

Just to echo everyone else, steer clear of the Keighley car.

I bought it a 54 plate C5 with 9k on the clock - it was a written off in America when it was 1 year old. There are a lot of 'salvage titles' in the UK, make sure you get the VIN checked on the US corvette forums. Luckily for me, the seller took it back and I got my black one.

I'd definately recommend a C5 :)

Tom - I didn't know you'd had a problem with your '04 C5.

Glad you got things sorted and weren't put off by such a bad experience.

Tom - I didn't know you'd had a problem with your '04 C5.

Glad you got things sorted and weren't put off by such a bad experience.

'Problem' is an understatement :D

I was very lucky, I lost a bit of money but it could have been a lot worse.

Have a read of this when you have five minutes spare.

No, it didn't put me off. I bought the '01 before i'd got rid of the other one :rolleyes:

Have a read of this when you have five minutes spare.

Bl00dy hell, mate!

I was in the states when you were going through all that - sorry I missed it.

Glad things are sorted now and you have another (better) one.

I'd be interested to know the details on the companies who are bringing in write-offs and selling them here. (Feel free to pm me!)

Mine is a euro-spec, bought new by the chap I bought it from in Germany. He's the secretary & treasurer of CCCUK, so I figured it would have been difficult for him to conceal any mishaps as all and sundry would have found out about it. (Of course, I HPI'd it just to be sure - after all, it could have been financed or something like that)

So far so good anyway - had it almost a year now and it still has a habit of surprising me with how well it handles. Feels like an overgrown go-kart at times!

Have you posted any pics of your new 'vette on here?