The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Keighley Trade Sports & Performance

JamieP

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mmmm that vett does look nice :) I had a 260 mile trip up there just over years ago to have a look at a 6 speed TT and it was a complete and utter dog !:(

Place just seemed really dodgy to me and alot of the cars had bit hanging off them. But then a car that new,what could be wrong ? Stolen ? and is that the going rate for them ?

Hi Jamie - looks pretty mint to me. The problem when I went to KTC was all the imports looked to have bodged paint work, missing stereos, electrical wires hanging out of the dash etc. The Vette looks like new. Not sure what warranty etc and if it will worth anything, but looks like a nice car and good price IMHO

I have been recently to look at their stuff and whilst the people are scum, some of their cars looked great.

I would also point out that there seems to be a huge number of people who say stay away, but no one (from the searches I have done) have actually got a specific example of why they are bad. I.e. had the problems themselves. Still where there are flies there is usually shit.

I did notice that one or two (not all) of their cars had loose parts on their body kits, and the trip to them cost me a new front tyre since I not a nail in it from driving around the industrial estate trying to find them.

I love the following car from their sister company: http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/CARS_popup.jsp?nU=0&make=TOYOTA&model=SUPRA&min_pr=6000&max_pr=7000&postcode=BD17%206TQ&miles=40&max_records=200&modelexact=1&photo=1&hassearched=Y&start=2&distance=6&adcategory=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200740296006469

I looked at a 5000 mile EVO there once, well it said it was a 5000 mile EVO, I presume all of them were spent hitting walls and being rebuilt again.

It's not just the cars that are the problem, it's the staff, if you do go for it and you have issues don't expect any kind of warranty.

They have a reputation and it's well deserved. I'd steer well clear TBH.

Also, shouldn't a speed fiend like you be looking at the Z06?

Tbh i dont know much about them and only just started looking at them, what power is the Z06 and what money do they start at?:)

Points noted about Keighley and i wont bother with this car.

Tbh i dont know much about them and only just started looking at them, what power is the Z06 and what money do they start at?:)

Points noted about Keighley and i wont bother with this car.

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.jsp?searchform=&modelexact=1&lid=search_used_cars_full&photo=1&state=none&sort=5&hassearched=Y&make=CHEVROLET&min_pr=10000&source=0&model=CORVETTE&max_pr=&miles=200&agerange=&mileage=&postcode=hp12+4rg&bodyid=0&fuelid=0&colour=&transmissionid=0

Start working your way down that list... ;)

The C6 Z06 is usually a fairly hefty step up price wise.

The one you're looking at looks good, but be careful with this company as others have said. I see it has Bauer Millet mats in the footwell - give them a call and see if they have had any involvement with the car in the past. Bauer Millet in Manchester are an official importer of Corvette and have a good reputation to keep.

If you have anything else you think I may be able to help you with, feel free to pm me.

Brian.

The C6 Z06 is usually a fairly hefty step up price wise.

The one you're looking at looks good, but be careful with this company as others have said. I see it has Bauer Millet mats in the footwell - give them a call and see if they have had any involvement with the car in the past. Bauer Millet in Manchester are an official importer of Corvette and have a good reputation to keep.

If you have anything else you think I may be able to help you with, feel free to pm me.

Brian.

Cheers Brian i may do that, yea the Z06 is more than id like to spend by the looks of things, ill get a ride in a local C06 and see what i think:)

If im over that way in the next week or so ill bob in and have a gander at if you want Jamie.

But as most guys have stated - their rep is pretty piss poor. Iv had a few trips down and non of their stuff is particually nice. Also a good friend owns a garage locally and has worked on a few of their cars soon after purchase and they have all needed work.

Anyway let me know if you want me to have a gander fella

C6 Z06 has a claimed 505bhp with no turbo. I've managed to blag two test drives in one (TBH I think the salesman was just happy to see someone!) and I'm hooked.

Personally I'd love a C5 with C6 performance. I love the style of the C5 whilst the C6 just makes me think Celica (from the front!).

TBH I think that, while they are ultimately slower than a 'well sorted single' it'll only be a silly speeds. For 'ordinary' quick driving I don't think you could go wrong. Plenty of torque and all that.