The mkiv Supra Owners Club

All things Forza didnt do

Daston

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

well my xbox does hd. has wireless, has a hdd, and cost a shitload less than 539 quid :p and less than 260 :)

And as far as i know the new fancy pants version of the xbox comes with the hdd anyway?

So all your paying for is a different hd socket and more hard drive space (ive only used half of my hdd and thats the small one)

GTA4 is coming to 360 december i think... i got HDD and HD cable with my 360. And i didnt realise my HD was off untill i bought Forza. Doh!

Personally i cant wait for Call Of Duty 4

According to Rockstar, GTA4 will be released February - April of 2008 on the xbox and PS3 :(

COD4 is looking very good so far but personally I can't wait for Crysis on the PC, that looks like it'll blow the 'next gen' console graphics away.

GTA4 is coming to 360 december i think... i got HDD and HD cable with my 360. And i didnt realise my HD was off untill i bought Forza. Doh!

Personally i cant wait for Call Of Duty 4

Might hang onto my XBOX for that then. Call of Duty 4 sounds good - supposed to be setting it the modern era IIRC. Will be a nice change.

For the PC gamers on here, Company of Heroes Opposing Fronts is released on Friday, should be awesome.

According to Rockstar, GTA4 will be released February - April of 2008 on the xbox and PS3 :(

COD4 is looking very good so far but personally I can't wait for Crysis on the PC, that looks like it'll blow the 'next gen' console graphics away.

Oh rite, i saw it in a 360 mag, COD is coming november, and gta4 in december. Or cod in october, and gta4 in november

I cont keep up with PC gaming, too much upgrades needed!

Aye it is but not a lot of TV's have composite slots and use HDMI.

And homer I am with you on the crysis front it will kick ass PC was 2 generations ahead before the 360 was released lol.

Unfortunatly my Ram has died so only down to 1gb and Vista is soooooooo slow

scratched game discs

A lot of people will be buying shiny, new copies of Halo 3 this week, but some of them will get home to find scratched discs straight out of the box.

Early reports from lucky early owners of the Halo 3 Limited Edition on gaming forum NeoGAF found that the game discs have broken free from the hubs that were supposed to secure the discs into place.

Unlike the regular Xbox 360 green game boxes, the Halo 3 Limited Edition ships in a black tin box with center hubs too shallow to adequately hold the DVDs in place. As a result, consumers may find discs that have been freely floating around inside the box that have been scratched up by the very hub that was supposed to keep it in place.

“A friend just opened 3 copies of Halo 3 Limited Edition and with all three copies both disc were loose inside of the package and scratched to death,” explained the original poster of the thread. “This Limited Edition has a piss poor plastic nub and foam pad disc holding design that is a major flaw and the discs pop off with ease.”

Although Halo 3 has yet to launch to the public, forum participants who work at game stores have chimed in with their own experience after examining (by shaking and listening for loose discs) their inventory.

“I picked up 2 collectors tins today at work, and they both felt like the disc came loose in them. This is a horrible sign,” said one store employee.

The same conditions may also apply to the game in other territories. “I saw a few PAL copies yesterday … and they were all the same. Every LE had two loose discs in the box, both badly scratched. The one we tested seemed to play ok but they're getting sent back as faulty anyway. It's not like they could be sold in that condition,” reported another store worker from overseas.

So far, reports of scratched discs apply only to the $69.99 Limited Edition, but not to the $59.99 Standard Edition or the $129.99 Legendary Edition.

Thats fair enough, depends on what you want from an FPS shooter though I suppose - Storyline is great, soundtrack is great, graphics are good (but already PC is ahead :D) lots of fun and orginal weapons, the muliplayer level redesigner 'Forge' is a neat idea, for a console anyway.

Nothing on PS3 has yet to make me want one, but I have only played on Resistance so far and I wasn't impressed - but all consoles seem to have an unimpressive array of games at release.

Hope my disk isn't scratched - i will check and get it swapped in store if it is :D