The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Help: UK TT6 Silver CAT C Value

GetawayDriver

Time for the supra to go, leaving my job and starting out on my own so can't afford to keep it anymore.

I've got no idea what it is worth, some good points, some bad points. needs some tlc so is it worth me sorting those out before i sell it or just get shot of it as is?

The good bits:

HKS Super Dragger

Single Decat

Blitz SBC-iD III and Powermeter

pete betts FCD

switchable TTC Mod

HKS SSQ Blowoff valve

HKS Super powerflow induction

FMIC and Hardpipe Kit

Rod Millen rear wing (like trd but a bit taller)

18" Rota GTN Wheels

whiteline anti-rollbars front and rear

whiteline suspension bushes

DBA Gold brake discs (currently not fitted)

JIC FLT-A2 coilovers (currently not fitted - 1 needs rebuild)

brand new stock brake discs

Momo Jet steering wheel

clutch and flywheel fitted 9 months ago

some spares: engine mounts, suspension, brakes

MOT next summer some time, TAX until JAN 08

Kenwood headunit.

blaupunkt speakers all round.

blaupunkt powered bass box.

loads and loads of history... i have a very depressing amount of receipts - well hidden from the wife.

The bad bits:

Currently has a rough stock front bumper on it after my do-luck replica ate a speedhump.

currently on stock suspension

currently on stock uk brakes

150,000 miles

Needs 2 front tyres

needs paint in a couple of places, new front bumper, chips on bonnet etc.

and the big one....

that time i crashed it in 2003 , sadly while insured on the cheap by tesco.

I had a relatively low speed frontal into a telegraph pole. trashed a headlamp, bonnet, wing. passenger airbag door popped the windscreen etc. really wasn't that bad. did set airbags off though.

Tesco valued it's pre-accident value at 6k !!! (was worth 12k easily at the time), they inspected it and wrote it off as a CAT C, saying it was unecconomical to repair due to cost of parts and labour from Toyota.

I bought the car back and decided to repair it as the damage looked so minor. I've got lots of photos damage and the repair.

It recorded as a CAT C and not a CAT D as Tesco inspector said the chasis needed to be jigged. i waited 4 months for the right jig adaptors to arrive at the repairers and when they finally went to jigg it, they didn't need too as it hadn't been damaged at all. I tried to get tesco to change it to a CAT D but they refused saying their engineers report was final.

i'd be keeping it and rebuilding it over the winter if i could afford it and if my wife would still let me sleep in the house, but sadly it has to go and no doubt i'll soon be in a mondeo estate diesel auto soon.

So whats it worth?

i thought you'd be first fat controller!

clutch is about 9 months old. Fitted by my own fair hand. also has a new flywheel.

turbos are stock, never been off as far as i know. never had any problems with them.

will add some pics tonight when i get in.

:D just doing my part, if you have access then a vid of the exhaust on cold start might be an idea, i know tom did one of the car he is selling atm and i thought that was a great idea.

PM sent.

Seems a shame given the rariety of a UK manual even with CAT damage.

As some may recall I went for one with CAT D and sold it back in January admittedly with a recon engine and a single GT35R fitted but it did go for a fair(ish!) price regardless of the damage.

I'm tempted but depends what you are looking to get and everyone has a price of some kind (what do I need to make it less painful and get some money back = ££££).

I want to own another Supe and a manual but without the loan this time hence my low budget but whatever happens mate, it's a rare car (term used too often these days but it does apply to this one!) and worth saving if possible.

Best of luck and hope you get what you want for it.

Cheers,

Pete :)

might sound harsh but you may get more by braking it. Will get £1500 just for the 6 speed trans
How do you figure that Ian? I've never seen a 6speed Getrag go for anything near £1500.

Someone is trying to sell one for £1150 at the mo but as far as I know it's still for sale.

And this one has 150,000 miles on it.

i don't think mileage is the only concern when looking for a used gearbox... 150,000 miles is nothing for a well looked after getrag box. they are pretty much bulletproof, especially at near stock power levels. you could find one with only 50,000 miles on it that had never had and oil change and been abused daily. i know which i'd rather have... still like pete said... i just can't break it. it would be be rude.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.