The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love my F1 GSD3s but is it time for a change?

RedM

Toyo T1-R's are a heck of a lot better wearing than the old T1-S's.

My T1-S's lasted about 5 months.

The T1-R's are still going well over a year later...

I got 11 months out of my T1-S and they still had 3mm left on them, daily driver UK BPU at the time (400 bhp) and lunatic driving, very grippy too.

What kind of mileage did you do in that time, chaps?

Pirelli P0s here. on 18's they are about £150 a tyre so 17's should be less. Wet grip is very good, nice and safe. I get about 10k miles out of a set of rears and about 15k miles out fo a set of fronts. Which is about a years' driving for me :D

-Ian

Which Pzeros: Nero or Rosso?

I would stay away from Toyo TR-1s. My Supra was my daily driver, about 15,000 miles a year. I've gone through full sets of T1R's and GSD3's. The T1-Rs are similar in the dry as Goodyear F1 Eagle GSD3 but worst in the wet.

That's good to know. That kind of mileage is the very high end of what I do in a year. Few trips down south etc.

Much urban driving?

Which Pzeros: Nero or Rosso?

Every set I've had bar one were Rosso's. I had a set of Neros aaaaaand - no real difference. I'd have them again. I choose whatever set Ibrar can get hold of cheapest, just happens to have been Rossos twice since the Neros. :thumbs:

-Ian

I've been using Kumho ectsa 275/18/35 on rear & 245/18/40 on the front.

I've got a 93TT and I've been using it everyday for the last two years. These tyres have lasted well, good grip wet n dry and are good value...see my mate Chris who owns Apsley Tyres in Hemel Hempstead (if you're near), he'll sort you out nicely...

Rob