The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I love my F1 GSD3s but is it time for a change?

RedM

Another then months gone, another new set of rubber needed.

I've always used Goodyear's Eagle F1 GSD3 but is there a genuine, viable alternative?

The car is a daily driver doing about 40 miles per day. No track days, no drag racing just typical urban, fast A-road and M-way driving. I need plenty of grip but also a good wear rate. Road noise is not an issue nor is the look of the tyre. I'd like not to spend over £150 on each tyre if possible.

Is anyone using the new Eagle F1 Asymmetricals?

Have Toyo improved the wear rate of their Proxes?

Have I run out of questions?

Could you please, when recommending tyres, state how often you drive your Supra and in what conditions.

If you only use your car at the weekend then wear rate means nothing.

Michelin Pilot sport 2. I used GSD'3 plus others in the past and would have to say these are the best tyres I have used on the Supra

They need to be good in the wet, frost and other conditions that the UK winter throws at us.

Are they, and what about wear rate?

I'm not trying to be sarky or owt but how grippy will they be on a TT?

Good question!

They make the Continentals that were on before look avarage. All I can say Martin is that I am really impressed and generally I spend my time moaning about who shit things are usually!!:(

I looked into this before making my purchase and VFM against good write ups, there was only one winner!

H.

My TT is my daily driver with stock UK 17" wheels, driven in all conditions, minimum of 350 miles a week and I'm not exactly gentle with the loud pedal ;)

Didn't really rate the SP9000's I had on the rear before. They were OK in the dry, but I found them abysmal in the wet. Currently have Falken FK452, bargain at the price (somewhere around the £60/tyre mark IIRC) and they seem to be grippier than the my previous SPs. I would suspect more expensive tyres are better, but for the price I'm very happy.

Can't comment on wear, as I've only had them on for probably 4k or so...

My TT is my daily driver with stock UK 17" wheels, driven in all conditions, minimum of 350 miles a week and I'm not exactly gentle with the loud pedal ;)

Didn't really rate the SP9000's I had on the rear before. They were OK in the dry, but I found them abysmal in the wet. Currently have Falken FK452, bargain at the price (somewhere around the £60/tyre mark IIRC) and they seem to be grippier than the my previous SPs. I would suspect more expensive tyres are better, but for the price I'm very happy.

Can't comment on wear, as I've only had them on for probably 4k or so...

Interesting! I have an NA nad the SP9000's grip like shit to a blanket! I read the reviews and it gave 3.5/5 for the Falkens and 4.5/5 for the Dunlops in the wet!

H.

Interesting! I have an NA nad the SP9000's grip like shit to a blanket! I read the reviews and it gave 3.5/5 for the Falkens and 4.5/5 for the Dunlops in the wet!

H.

Perhaps I'm just too abusive with the loud pedal... :innocent:

Still have my SP9000s on the front at the moment...