The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Where to find a 4inch hole saw?

Homer

we use bosh hole saws they will go through 10mm stainless with ease they come with a harbour might be spelt arbour that you can use in a normal pistol drill. we get them just down the road in a local shop but im sure some one like screw fix or a bosh dealer will have them in stock

John, are you saying the normal ones normally used for wood are okay for metal? Cheers

you can get cut out wheels in b&q which attach to a normal drill

the lot will cost you about 20 quid from B&Q thats with the arbour and the hole saw but be careful because we are now running in line with the Euro shit, the hole saw will be in mm which should be 102mm or there abouts make sure the arbour you get is the right size for the hole saw, will be a 13mm if my memory serves me right.

richie

John, are you saying the normal ones normally used for wood are okay for metal? Cheers

go for a better one mate cheap ones even that b&Q sell you will loose all the teeth in one revolution, this is the type we use not cheap but you do get what you pay for http://www.boschtools.com/accessories/accessories-detail.htm?H=176227&G=54762

as long as you use loads of cutting oil it will last you for ages

Superb Kev, thanks a lot! It's not clear though it that hole saw will cut through metal. From the look of the teeth it seems like a wood one. It's not much of an issue if it kills it as I'm only planning on using it once :innocent:

I use ones similar to that at work, all be it a little smaller size and they are fine for cutting through metal, ie alarm panels etc

I use ones similar to that at work, all be it a little smaller size and they are fine for cutting through metal, ie alarm panels etc

Thanks again, I'll drop by screwfix tomorrow (have a local warehouse) and get one :)

I was going to suggest a dremmel....

I have one, but it would struggle with the bits of metal I need to get through

Kieren, many thanks for the offer mate, its appreciated. I'll just pick one up tomorrow from screwfix

Thanks all for the input :thumbs:

Superb Kev, thanks a lot! It's not clear though it that hole saw will cut through metal. From the look of the teeth it seems like a wood one. It's not much of an issue if it kills it as I'm only planning on using it once :innocent:

it will definately cut through metal, i used one to cut my IC piping hole and that was a wood one, and still fine now.

Thanks again, I'll drop by screwfix tomorrow (have a local warehouse) and get one :)

I have one, but it would struggle with the bits of metal I need to get through

Kieren, many thanks for the offer mate, its appreciated. I'll just pick one up tomorrow from screwfix

Thanks all for the input :thumbs:

No problem buddy. Its good to try and help someone that has helped me a massive ammount on the forum over the months with technical problems.