The mkiv Supra Owners Club

130k miles...

hadyn

My J-Spec TT auto is now approaching 130k miles. AFAIK its still on the factory stock turbos and has had nothing done to the engine apart from a cambelt change when required.

Everything seems to work OK - it starts, it runs, it boosts and its fairly nippy (14.1s 1/4 mile) although number 2 forgets to come on now and again when I kickdown, which is probably down to a VSV which Im soon to replace.

My question is there anything I need to prepare for at this mileage? E.g. turbos going, Engine going, autobox going etc?

Is it worth putting on a 2nd decat and a fuel pump and raising the boost slightly with the 1st cat in, or will this spell the end for the turbos?

Start saving up Haydn, you've only got another 120,000 miles before it'll start needing serious work.

Like Daman said, change the fluids, belts etc on time and you're good to go for ages yet.

. . . Or turn the boost up and enjoy it while lasts. Remember though ; the light that burns twice as bright burns half as long.

Mainly just worried about the turbos going really. 130k on factory items is a lot of miles!

Not really.

If the car has seen no silly airfilter 'systems' and oil/filter changes have been frequent there is no reason to be worried.

Once the FCD is fitted though, it's running on borrowed time (but you already knew that, eh?)