The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Missfire - help please

jevansio

Probably the most done to death question on here but could do with more work to heads on the problem.

I'll keep things short:

Car engine was jetwashed & developed a missfire afterwards. The missfire occurs at 1500 rpm only (you can rev through it). It only occurs when the car is upto temp. It sounds exactly like the 2 step (ie as you reach 1500 rpm the revs stick & the car grumbles & pops - I don't know if that's related or if a missfire just sounds like 2 Step by coincidence, but we've also disabled the 2 Step to be sure).

Things that have been tried:

All connectors to sensors (crank/cam sensors etc) blown out with an airline. All others conectors (even ones not used) blown out.

3 sets of plugs

2 sets of coilpacks (cleaned in solvent & dried)

2 ignitors

3 crank sensors

2 cam sensors

2 TPS's

2 ecu's

Michel (and his guys) have been on all day trying to solve it, they solved Jurguns mysterious missfire easily, but this one is just baffling everyone. They'll be back on the case tomorrow but I said I'd put a post up incase anyone had any ideas on what it could be, all ideas welcome :D

Hi Jay

Have you tried swapping the ecu with another known working AEM

Ryan

Hi Ryan, yes Michel has put a brand new AEM in and uploaded various maps of similar cars (mine during various stages of tuning, Martin Prydes who has very similar setup to me) and they all still had the problem,

Appreciate all the comments though guys, keep em coming :D

Sorry to hear this Jay. Hope you get it sorted.

Weird though, as mine has developed a misfire too, on boost. A really bad one. Only just happened on the way home from work this morning. Took a vid, not too great as it camera phone, is it anything like your missfire?... missfire

God know what it is, will have a look after i get some kip.

Good luck finding yours :thumbs:

Sorry to hear this Jay. Hope you get it sorted.

Weird though, as mine has developed a misfire too, on boost. A really bad one. Only just happened on the way home from work this morning. Took a vid, not too great as it camera phone, is it anything like your missfire?... missfire

God know what it is, will have a look after i get some kip.

Good luck finding yours :thumbs:

i had the same problem it was a boost leak:rolleyes: