The mkiv Supra Owners Club

deisel in my tank help needed

ben.supra

i took supra to BP with on few quid left in tank..i put only £10 in {not relising it was deisel}OK ...i left BP to put car back in garage half mile uproad car started to run "crap" AND STARTED TO STOP RUNNING.i managed to get car into my garage then that was it will not start!!!!then relised i must have put deisel in tank.. in garage i drianed out £10 worth fuel with 1/4 clear hose line now theres not much in tank now do i leave it for maechanic to tow it away or SHALL I just fill tank up with super unleaded and try start car running it through WHAT SHALL I DO NEXT HELP

I wouldn't do that.

I'd drain the tank Ben. Either from the fuel filter connection or by taking the cover off the tank and lifting out the pump hanger and then syphoning the fuel out.

Why not? its not like its a bloody high tech diesel engine is it? It'll be fine, just have to put up with it for a bit, not driving it hard. If he's drained the tank allready then there's no problem

well mechanic siad my oxygen sensers and plugs could be coated up and he said i could damage pistons????yeah right..i didnt really run car much on diesel tank sounds really empty now so i,m 50/50 on this now mechanic or just fill tank up and hope for the best it's non turbo supra

This would be my take on it...

While the car would run initially would the diesel act well like diesel and detonation under cylinder pressures, and start blowing holes in things eventually if there is enough of it in the system? Also being thicker would it stand a good chance of blocking the injectors?