The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pavarotti

Ewen

A sad day indeed. The embodiment of opera...

Was on the the early shift at work this morning - at about 7am it was a main story on the BBC news website, and included a link to his obituary. However BBC news messed up and the obit was still datestamped in June 2006, ie not long after he was diagnosed!

I suppose it's standard practise to write these in advance, but was a little tastless I thought :)

What was he doing with your wife?

:D

Was on the the early shift at work this morning - at about 7am it was a main story on the BBC news website, and included a link to his obituary. However BBC news messed up and the obit was still datestamped in June 2006, ie not long after he was diagnosed!

I suppose it's standard practise to write these in advance, but was a little tastless I thought :)

I didn't see the news till 8am which was a good tribute but thats a little sad :(

Regards,

Gaz.

Rumours have it, that the othe 2 of the 3 Tenors are going to do a tribute, they are going to call themselves 20quid.

Also, Pav's family have called the undertakers and asked if they can organise a funeral for a Tenor, they told the family to f*** off and not be so tight.

Pavorotti knocks on the pearly gates

St Peter opens them and says 'oh it's you Luciano, come on in. squeeze through'.

Pavarotti says 'hold on, i've got an envelope for you, from the pope.'

St Peter opens it up and reads it.

'Pete, here’s that tenor I owe you.’