The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rejected brand new car !!

Paul

You chose the registration? I didn't know you could do that.

How does that work?

The dealer has a list of reg numbers

when i choose mine it was all EA52 then you had the choice of the last 3 letters but some maybe different and let you choose the first 2 digits but im not sure.

Paul, that paint work is awful, dont know how they expected to get away with that. :(

At the moment Mazda UK are listening to them more than us and they are saying minor paint repair to the front door only?

We've aske for a Mazda technician to come and look at it but they will only look at it at the dealership so the chance of an honest opinion is gonna be a suprise.

I'm wondering if we shoud get an independent report done before they look at it? I can see this car going missing once they have it back for the inspection.

At the moment Mazda UK are listening to them more than us and they are saying minor paint repair to the front door only?

We've aske for a Mazda technician to come and look at it but they will only look at it at the dealership so the chance of an honest opinion is gonna be a suprise.

I'm wondering if we shoud get an independent report done before they look at it? I can see this car going missing once they have it back for the inspection.

Thats a good idea mate, get it inspected before they have a look.

Paul sorry to see this. It is an absolute piss take and bordering on the criminal in my mind.

Have a look at the trade descriptions act "The Trade Descriptions Act 1968 makes it an offence for a trader to apply, by any means, false or misleading statements, or to knowingly or recklessly make such statements about services"

as they have tried to sell the car as brand new when it has clearly had paintwork restoration through theirs or someone else's fault.

I would definitely get an independant report and then explain to Mazda that you are seeking legal advice. perhaps sending them copies of the photos would help ?

The latest, Mazda UK has finally agreed to send a Technician to inspect this car. The inspection will be carried out by a Mazda Technician at the Watford dealership. Not ideal and we wonder how independent this report will be?

Not too bothered though as we now have a big stick to beat them with. Due to their delay and after the inspection I had Saturday it prompted us to get a written report from a totally independent Consulting Engineer/Assessor.

Well, this was carried out today. Waiting for the written report but the guy was disgusted too with the condition of the car and he confirmed all the problems I've mentioned plus a few more!!

Mazda UK have really shot themselves in the foot by dragging their heals and not listening to us, the customer, and taking far too long to send out someone and take this matter seriously. One major factor this guy said was that he considered the repairs that had been carried out to have de-valued the car by at least £2000 !! This, on a car that the dealer has admitted they would have been happy to let us drive away in on September the 1st.

All I can say is that now we have this report..................................bring it on Mazda :D

Christ, this is better than Corrie :) Bring it on Paul, £500 quid is far too little for comp... :eyebrows:

That's what we are thinking now, faced with how damaging this could be and the way they've carried on up to now I think they really need to come up with something better:)

At the moment the only offer on the table is a shitty Supagard treatment for free :blink: They flog it for about £300 for the full treatment, on a new car it's easy to apply and about £30 off Ebay. Told them to shove it:p

At the moment, lost time and the cost of the inspection and messing around with insurance etc. has cost us over £200 so I'm thinking it needs to be a good offer.

The ultimate point of this is to ensure that we get the car we ordered and not a damaged repaired wreck (don't remember the Mazda 'zoom zoom' ads showing these?).

Took the car over yesterday to the dealer for the inspection by the Mazda UK technician and also to inspect the new car that has now arrived there.

Firstly, the Mazda UK guy was very good, thorough check and seemed to really know his stuff. He checked the whole car, paint thickness, photos, the lot. Very professional in my opinion and actually came across as a decent bloke. He has to write up the report and didn't let anything out about what's going to be in it so I guess we just wait?

Me and him then took ages looking around the new one delivered to replace the original rejected one. I have to say this is more like we expected, couple of points to tidy up on the paint, small dull area and the lot needs a good going over with a clay bar as there is some contamination on the surface. One of the front tyres has a nasty tear in the sidewall so they are going to replace it. All in all, more like the quality we were expecting in the first place, few small points but if they carry out the correction of these properly then great, we will accept it.

So with that out of the way it was time for a chat, won't go into details but the dealer has now made a decent cash offer plus covering all our expenses including the cost of the engineers report, a more reasonable offer of compensation . This offer we are now considering.

I'd like to say that this situation should never have happend in our opinion and then when it did the dealer and Mazda UK should have acted differently. It would have been better if we, the customer, weren't made to feel like we were the underdog and had to struggle to get them to take us seriously. It has taken a hell of a lot of calls and time from us to get to this stage today, I do believe that the technician from Mazda seeing the car finally in the flesh was the key to getting somewhere with this and he was/is a credit to Mazda, not because he sided with anyone (he didn't let on anything prior to writing his report).

I hope this is now coming to an end, we should pick the new one up next week, all being well and hoping that they don't damage it in the meantime and correct the points spotted today.

Anyway, fingers crossed.

Paul

The general manager of the dealership said yesterday that the original f*cked up car will go back to the paint shop they usedand will be stripped right back down and painted correctly.

The fact that they were so obvious and the struggle with Mazda UK to listen to us rather than the BS that the dealer was coming out with just added to the stress.

Yesterday the meeting with the general manager was calm but armed with my report and the fact that I believe the Mazda technician had come to a similar conclusion left him in a weak position. I made it clear we would take this all the way if need be, not good for them considering we are talking attempted deception in my view.

Still tainted the whole experience but I guess that's life these days, not the same standards of service that once were around?

I'm happy we have dealt with it correctly and the Engineers report was worth it's weight in gold, especially since we are claiming back the cost of that too as part of the deal:D

I'll never buy a brand new car again. I have had about 5 now and the novelty has now worn off.....:blink:

H.

I would normally agree but these estates are hard to find for much less a year or so old in good condition/good mileage.

The deal we struck in the first place was a cracking price anyway, add to that the compo we are now looking at and I doubt that there is much in it to a second hand one;)