The mkiv Supra Owners Club

sky insurance question

Supra ST Myster

ive just phoned my bank, yet again they have made a mistake as its suppose to be £75 instead of £99 as they worked on the finance without takeing the deposit i already paid for, told them twice! and get a reply saying yeah its in the diary, so another thing im going to moan at at them, so its paid so surley im insured, just they havent got the next temp cover note out

they are really bad!!

couldnt get the address right for the docs to get sent to

couldnt get the payments out correctly even though ive rang twice to make sure they change it! not done as i have just found out.

couldnt get usage for my car i,e social only, even though i went through everything with them

didnt get all the forms when they sent it, forgot to include the modification form.

useless!

They are the main reason I'm currently banned & sporting an IN10 conviction cos they were too lazy in sending out my documents. I think I only had 2, 1 month covernotes for the entire of last year and never got my full documents at all. They are bloody useless at getting stuff posted to you.

You should be insured as you've paid your money. I got a producer and because I didn't have a valid insurance document, it went down as a failure to produce and (13 months later) I'm dragged into court and done for driving without insurance and the speeding offence I'd got the producer for in the first place. And I still didn't have any proof I was insured so I've now got to file an appeal with the Crown Courts to get the offence revoked.

And now I'm getting nasty letters from Sky threatening to cancel my insurance unless I send a copy of my license with the offences on. Grrr.

The WPC on the desk when I went to produce was totally unconcerned and unhelpful - basically just said that's it, you've had your 7 days, it'll get passed to the officer who stopped me and it'd be up to him what happened.

When I got the court summons, I rang Sky straight away, but apparantly the bloke at the underwriters was on holiday and no-one else could send a copy of last years policy to me so I had nothing to take into court either.

this thread is worring me as i am about to dump my long term no problem old company and support the clubs recomended insurers.

and unlike other occasions SKY have as yet not responded, i've 2 weeks to decide and tell them to shove it where the sun dont shine. i'll watch this space.:banghead::protest:

When I got the court summons, I rang Sky straight away, but apparantly the bloke at the underwriters was on holiday and no-one else could send a copy of last years policy to me so I had nothing to take into court either.

That is absolutely shocking! If that was me, I'd drive down to the insurance company and stand in their office until they sorted it out!

iv never had a problem with them and they always call me back,they were very helpfull and all docs were sent straight away

yea same me i currently have my micra insured with them, and will insure the supe when its on the road as they gave me a great deal

• 2 weeks later...
so ive just renewed, im paying in installments so im suppose to get a temp cover note for each month until its all paid for and then i get the proper one, but ive not recieved my 2nd cover note so does that mean im uninsured? they are starting to get on my tits with all there f..k ups!!

Hi,

I'm sorry to here this. Please could you pm me your full name and address and I'll get this sorted for you. My apologies for the belated reply I have just got back from annual leave and I am just catching up with the forums.

I'll do my best to get to the bottom of this and make sure you are sorted.

Thanks

Ollie

Sky Insurance

Ollie, is that really the case that if you pay by installments you just keep getting cover notes? That's unacceptable in my mind, I don't know of any other insurer that does that.

Surely paying monthly is a separate finance agreement and you should get the full certificate at the start. If you then don't pay your insurance is invalid. I don't see the need for monthly cover notes.

Ollie, is that really the case that if you pay by installments you just keep getting cover notes? That's unacceptable in my mind, I don't know of any other insurer that does that.

Surely paying monthly is a separate finance agreement and you should get the full certificate at the start. If you then don't pay your insurance is invalid. I don't see the need for monthly cover notes.

Hi,

yes, this is the way it works with most insurance companies when paying in installments. Until the final installment is paid, we are unable to offer the full certificate, this is standard industry practice.

A way around this is to pay in full when taking out the premium but to put it on a interest free credit card, then you will receive you certificate for the year.

Hope that helps

Ollie

yes, this is the way it works with most insurance companies when paying in installments. Until the final installment is paid, we are unable to offer the full certificate, this is standard industry practice.

News to me, I've paid by installments with three separate insurance companies and I have always gotten the certificate right from the start. I wouldn't expect anything less. :shrug:

News to me, I've paid by installments with three separate insurance companies and I have always gotten the certificate right from the start. I wouldn't expect anything less. :shrug:

yeah me too! :confused: I'm insured with sky and pay monthly, I'm fully covered until renewal time in December and have had one cover note to last until then, or has there been a change in policy since last December??? I've only ever paid monthly with insurance companies so that assumption that 'all insurance companies work that way' is a bit of a puzzle!

I'm somewhat concerned now! :(

Linda

I have paid monthly with 3 insurance companies as well and they have all sent full documents and certificate at the start.