The mkiv Supra Owners Club

E-manage & Water Injection

Soonto_HAS_soop

I'm sure that this has been discussed before, but I can't find anything about it so I'll ask.

If you had the e-manage running on a four pot turbo'd engine, could you wire up an aquamist WI system and have it mapped by the e-manage?? If yes, how would you connect it to the e-manage?

Also, if it is possible on a four pot engine, is it possible to run it on a soop, with the e-manage activating the WI?

Ben..

Originally posted by Alex Holdroyd

Just to be difficult - why? The standard pressure switch activates the WI as you pass 10psi. By "mapping" it what are you expecting to gain?

The standard pressure switch will run on all cars that run more than 10psi of boost...

I don't see that as difficult Alex.

Basically my brother has a Cav Turbo which is pretty much maxed on the tuning aspect, but the ECU upgrade that he has is linked somehow to the WI (this is what he says). I have introduced him to the E-manage and he is looking at getting rid of the cheap actuator mod he has (and many other Poxalls use) and going for the E-01 an e-manage.

All he is now wanting to know is, is the E-manage capable of controlling the WI via one of the e-manages multiple harnesses, therefore allowing him to maybe control the WI through the e-manage. I'm sure that it would be possible, but I'm not sure what he could gain or how he would do it, hence the post. Just trying to gain a little more information into the possibilities of the e-manage.

Ben..

The E-01 has a warning output wire that gives a neg out when it hits a programmable limit. You could use that.

OR, and now i'm in the realms of guessing... You 'may' be able to get the V-tec to activate it at a certain rpm. (You'll need at alter the jumpers inside the E-manage). The down side to this, is that it will be constantly active above 'x' rmp. Even if you throttle-off.

Personally, I'd go with Alex and use their standard pressure sensor switch.