The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Right I've had enough....

TLicense

of these micky mouse rubber hoses that control the sequential operation. If they're not splitting, they're popping off. Absolutely useless. I found that the reason for my high idle was down to a hose that runs to the BOV leaking.

Has any one got any ideas about fixing some SECURE hose lines. Even if it means splashing out some cash. I'd rather be skint of pocket, with safe of mind, than spending hours in the cold trying to work out which hose has decided to give up the ghost this week.

I'm thinking something bolt in. Aeroquip maybe? I don't think there's enough room for wiggins connectors. What do you all think? Perhaps I should just bite the bullet and go single :sly:

Sounds like you are using that blue silicone *rap? It will either blow off due to its slippery nature and it rarely being the right internal bore to be a tight fit, or split as it has no fabric reinforcement. gates or other quality black "rubber" hose, or stock ones are best. Absolutely no reason to go for silicone, in fact many reasons NOT to. I have NEVER known a stock hose, correctly fitted, to blow off. Wiggins connectors are for large bore water or fluid connectors as a rule, not made for the small hoses I think you are referring to. Proper Aeroquip needs threaded unions to work.

Guest Terry S

As Chris says the silcone are generally shocking, and don't last well with the heat. If you want to be safe you could use fuel hose, and they even sell nomex braided stuff. I hard pipe my hoses in stainless...