The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Your other half...

n boost

Hello everyone,

How does your other half cope with u and your modifiying bug?

Are they happy for u to spend bank holiday/weekend working on u r pride and joy, or do they throw a fit everytime the bonnet goes up?

My wife Vicki (Mrs H) is great!

She's joined the club herself and last week said "If there's anything else you want to do to the car, I don't mind!"

Whohoo!:) I said, ok then I want to swap it for a Porsche!!:D

H.

My missus always likes to get involved with the car.

I had her polishing the inside of the wheels the other day in preperation for a car show (which we won :ecstatic: ).

I know she loves the attention the car draws so doesnt mind getting her hands dirty in order that the car looks good.

Wife aint too impressed with the car she says its an old piece of crap, But the girlfriend loves it and so does Ryan.G's Girlfriend, The car that is!

I think I've broken the back of the problems now, we don't argue so much - she just rolls her eyes when something else turns up or the credit card bills come in :D

She knows it's my 'thing', don't really drink, smoke, go out much\at all etc.

Put it this way, my little boy wasn't yet two and I came home one day with a bone stock GZ TT to add to the collection. The front door opened and my little lad said 'another car daddy ?' :rlol:

What she DOES NOT like is the speed of them, have taken her out in a couple of my cars and she doesnt like the speed. Also, apparently going sideways isn't normal, and so she really really doesn't like that !!!

What she DOES NOT like is the speed of them, have taken her out in a couple of my cars and she doesnt like the speed. Also, apparently going sideways isn't normal, and so she really really doesn't like that !!!

I get that too, some people are funny like that :search:

It was very apparent to Jean how much of a car nut I was when we got together and after taking her for a drive she kinda just got it and tends to leave me to it. My Dad is a mechanic by trade and Gary (my brother) and I have worked on cars with him from an early age so after clocking all of our modded cars she realised she was involved with a family of petrolheads and that was that! :eyebrows:

Cheers,

Brian.

Vicki is very good with both my toys. If it makes me happy then she's happy as long as I don't take the pee with how much time I spend on them.

With regards to spending, we both have standing orders into the joint account to handle all bills and shopping - anything left is for ourselves to play with however we see fit.

I believe he took it today.
You HOPE he took it today you mean. If he didn't then it's been nicked Rosie. ;)

Lin's OK with the Supra.

I'm not big into modding it, just keeping it looking good. She just smiles whenever I go out to polish it. :)

She doesn't like travelling fast in it though. I feel like Miss Daisy's chaufeur whenever we go out in it together. :(

my missus is my rock and supports me with the car. When i am moaning about it cuz there is a funny noise or soemthing she calms me and puts things into perspective

With regards to time she doesnt mind as long as i make time for her too which i do.

She has been very relaxed about my up and coming TT conversion talk.

Something she does do is watch what i am putting into the car very closely as she says there is a fine line between certain additions being classy or chav in nature - cant be a bad thing (as she does have better taste than me ;))

My other half positively encourages me to either mod my car or in the case of the last year, buy the Corvette as I had been pining for one for a while. (Had an old 'vette years ago)

A couple of years ago, I found that I had to calm HER aspirations down regarding spending money on modifications. (I failed though! :D )