The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What Car.....

Kopite

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've driven the 350z but being 6"2 i found it too small as the seat wouldn't go back far enough. Makes a lovely sound, but i wasn't impressed by the plasticy floppy buttons etc inside. The missis has a golf V5 - not quite the R32 but still a nice car, i find i get a little bored of it, until i get to a country lane. My Freinds got an s2000, great car, but a little small inside with little/no storage, and no power adaptor. As for the cerbera - i'm looking at one this week. I'm not that fussed about the niggly things as i was always tinkering with the supra anyway. The one i've seen has been garaged 4 years, not used for 1, but has a full TVR history, 15k on the clock and never had a single problem.

I also had an evo - which i sold after 6 weeks of owning, as personally i thought it was awful. No skill required to drive it, it has 4 doors, it costs a fortune (I lost 2.5k in 6 weeks on it :-()

As someone else said, the M5 is quite a quick car with a good spec, the other car i can think of if you want something different is a Marcus? (Don't know anything about these though), or an older lotus esprit.

If you go 350Z you'll be back at the modding game, and I get the feeling you need a break from that.

How about the Audi? practical, capable, and will still be quick A to B on crappy winter roads. It going to be the most reliable too IMO. I just ordered a CLK 350 for the every day grind, stops me going fast as it aint that sort of motor, and has cosy heated seats for winter, seats 4, massive boot etc.

I think you're mental for considering a cerb to commute in, my mate had one as a weekend toy and the amount of times it let him down was gobsmacking. Have one as a toy when the journey is more important than the destination, but to go to work in? I hope you are irreplacable

My money would be going towards a C5 Vette or a Z3 M-roadster/coupe.

iirc oil and filter every 10k, major service every 100k.

That's pretty much it.

I know what you're saying about left hookers - that puts a lot of people off. TBH though, Angie and myself don't even think about that any more!

Running costs have so far been considerably less than the Supe. (Not least because I haven't been doing any modding - I like it how it is!) Fuel-wise, I'm averaging about 23 mpg, but I can get 32 to 34 on the motorway cruising at about 80mph. Oh - and it runs on cheapo 95RON fuel! :D