The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My eye hurts

RobSheffield

1.5mm shard of steel in there, Doctor and consultant in the A&E tried to move it with a cotton bud and gave up after 15 minutes of agony

Then an immediate referal to the Royal Eye Clinic at Bostons Pilgrim hospital, where they dyed me, stuck a spring clamp in my eyelids and removed said steel shard with a needle...:blink:

picked out not one of the nicest experiences I can tell you

Mate, you are so not wrong, i think that was the worst experience EVER!

I now have one puil about 5 times larger than the other!!

GOGGLES!!!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Crikey, 2 hospitals and you are back already?

You'd still be in the waiting room at LGI :)

Like the chaps said earlier eyes repair themselves fairly quickly so hopefully you'll be out perving with full vision again soon.

There were 4 people in the waiting room when we arrived, and we went straight through in front of them :blush:

If i had known that needles in my eye would have been involved id have stayed at home and just sort of wished it better :p

Bloody hell, I'm glad mine sorted itself out on it's own even if it did take 2 weeks. The fear of having things stuck in my eye was what kept me away from A&E.

You did the right thing though mate, I'm just lucky mine dislodged itself after all that time.

Its not painful getting a needle in the eye, but when they go through the socket, now that is pain. I used to get cortisone injections in my eyes, not nice so would suggest getting anything like this dealt with immediately, anything on the surface is not painful once anethnatised (sp). Let it go on and it could be much worse - trust me

No, A&E was fine mate, it was the eye place that was an issue!!!

You know, they say that DIY can be a bit like this sometimes.....

Pay an expert to do the job, or do it yourself, and hope that after all the injuries have healed and you have bought new clothes to replace all the ones you ruined, and new tools to replace any broken ones, you still work out cheaper :p