The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Locost Kitcar

johnd-mkiv

have forsale My locost kitcar which I have just spent the last two years rebuilding some of the build can be seen here

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?t=102652&highlight=kitcar

Body work

The whole car has been stripped back and refferbed to high standard all the pannel work has been renewed using 1.5mm aluminium, a new bonnet fabricated using 2mm alluminium. painted in ultra marine blue (march this year) It has an aluminium framed windscreen with a macrolon windscreen. the front mudguards follow the wheels when turning to keep it within regulations. 316 stainless stone guards, one off aero fuel filling cap, alluminium scuff trim with a rubber beading all round all fixtures have been descised or stainless bolts used, stainless mesh used in the front grill.

Engine

1600 cross flow with a dual 40 webber on a custom manifold and K&N air filter, electronic ignition modification, runs smooth. I have fabricated a one off 304 stainless steel exhaust system from the manifold back to a mirror finnish. It has a one off fabricated alluminium fuel tank with internal baffels and a built in sender unit, Facet external fuel pump with inline fuel filter and new fuel lines

Brakes

It has reconned front calipers painted silver with drum brakes fitted to the rear, all new brake lines on the front and using 5.1 silicone brake fluid to aid braking

Interior

Light weight glass fiber race seats with 3 point harnesses, 2.5" roll cage, fitted with black carpet and black vinal trim, 4 52mm guages ranging from, water temp, oil pressure, fuel, battery along with a rev counter and speedo, push button start and the usual buttons to operate lights ect. short shifter

Wheels

It has 4 17" 5 spoke alloys with 205/40/17 tyres

The car has just been finnished I am selling due to needing the money and I have no where safe to keep it once it comes out of my work, it has passed its SVA test comes complete with a logbook and once the new owner has paid in full it will come with a current MOT, this is a true head turner and a one off build. More pics can be found on ebay listing

Looking for around £4000 will part ex

gan you fit a supra engine in it? :p

Would make an interesting RWYB car :)

easy ;) but it would be a death trap, there is kitcars with cross flow engines and twin webbers running 12's that I have seen

the next one im going to do will be my toy, another locost with an s13 turbo engine and running gear:)

Shame you can't get to enjoy it.

Just got back from a nice round trip to the pub and back this evening in mine. Great fun blatting across country lanes in the dark with the roof off. :D

Would love to keep it mate but I have so much on my plate at the mo it has to go

• 1 month later...

Nice mate :)

I have a Westy Seight, only done 800 miles in 10 years! It needs a bit of TLC too.

Good luck on the sale. These cars are really the most fun you can have with your clothes on... the absolute maximum amount of chuckability ;)

Nice mate :)

I have a Westy Seight, only done 800 miles in 10 years! It needs a bit of TLC too.

Good luck on the sale. These cars are really the most fun you can have with your clothes on... the absolute maximum amount of chuckability ;)

Cheers mate

the cars now on ebay along with my supra :(

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120170256877&ssPageName=STRK:MESE:IT&ih=002

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.