whats the best supra to go for and why?

Guest mattsupra

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yer i know what your saying but mine has nismo running gear and all sorts of trick bits on it stevie boy and ty very much for the normal post bk to me

matt

But that would still be Nismo running gear specific for a GTs-t as a GTR is 4WD and only thing they have in common is being made by Nissan.

Nismo bits for a GTR i'd expect would be different part No's.....

Guest Nicholas
But that would still be Nismo running gear specific for a GTs-t as a GTR is 4WD and only thing they have in common is being made by Nissan.

Nismo bits for a GTR i'd expect would be different part No's.....

I thought the GTR was only 4WD when it's needed?

Anyway i'll leave you guy's to discuss adult stuff....

I just wanted to get the GTS-t stuff off my chest as i have a mate who has a mint '97 facelift GTS-t with Power FC Nismo bits and bobs and can't sell it for toffee and wanted to buy an R34 GTR...............

He now own's the Ex-TOP SECRET/RB Motorsport R34 GTR, and he still has the GTS-t rotting in a field at his gf's cos noone will give him what he wants for it.

I cant believe he turned down an offer of £8k for it, cos i doubt anyone would pay more than that for one now days.

I thought the GTR was only 4WD when it's needed?

Yup but the 4WD doesn't disappear and leave GTS-t running gear, 4WD is always there, a centre differential determins when to send torque to the front wheels and i think you'll find even on modest acceleration there's a small percentage of torque sent to the front wheels.

Guest Nicholas
Yup but the 4WD doesn't disappear and leave GTS-t running gear, 4WD is always there, a centre differential determins when to send torque to the front wheels and i think you'll find even on modest acceleration there's a small percentage of torque sent to the front wheels.

Interesting, I don't know an awful lot about the R34 so thanks for that :)

Interesting, I don't know an awful lot about the R34 so thanks for that :)

Not 100% on earlier Liners but at least on the R34 you can see the % of torque sent to the front wheels on the dash display.

It's not just Liner 4WD's either I know Porsche Carrera 4's and Turbo's are the same near enough RWD untill rear slip occurs, 993, 996 & 997 C4's use a viscous centre differential except 997 Turbo models with PTM which have finally caught up with the Japs and use an electronic controlled centre diff.:)

Skyline Matt and I have had a chat via pm. That's roughly timed with him posting........differently.

Now, lets get back on topic. Sometimes people get off on the wrong foot, or the wrong thing is said and toys get thrown rapidly.

So, give the chap another go, he has a few more posts left before the membership fee is required, so give him a chance please and play nicely.

:)

It's odd, there are lots of new members that join up and get welcomed to the fold, on rare occasions people just get a feeling about someone new and instantly take a dislike to them due to their attitude / reason for joining. Obviously I wouldn't be so bold as to suggest this is the case with you but it's clear that some people think you are a cock.

Personally I find you amusing, I'd like you to stay so I can poke you with sticks.

This is exactly the type of post that cracks me up from Michael

Skyline Matt and I have had a chat via pm. That's roughly timed with him posting........differently.

Now, lets get back on topic. Sometimes people get off on the wrong foot, or the wrong thing is said and toys get thrown rapidly.

So, give the chap another go, he has a few more posts left before the membership fee is required, so give him a chance please and play nicely.

:)

Um.....No Doug. The guy is a prick tease, he pm's me promising many things and then leaves me without so much as a customary reach-around:

is your problem with me?

you think your so good coz you got a supra ffs and who said there any good anyways?

all i asked is for a bit of advice and i get c*nts like you giving me shit for no reason well i have left and wont come bk to the forum

hope your happy sad little boy

matt

Harsh...but fair I thought....I'm sure he is coming on to me (rather than onto me). Alas my gaydar failed me on this occaision, needs new batteries?!

He can continue pleasuring himself for the rest of his remaining post count Afaik ....30....29....28....27.....26.....

I actually felt I was very fair and honest with him (far more so than usual), I now revert to my usual michael-like pose of keyboard terrorist.

sorry to hijack, but i noticed in this theard you only have a countdown till you have to pay a membership fee, how many do i have left?

IIRC it's 30 but isn't 100% absolute. I'm sure mawby/doug will be along shortly to give you the full answer. It's probably in the club terms and conditions?!?

i have got more knowledge about shows and cars than most of you put together who has been givin me hassle on here and this is my first day ffs

... can we move on to the topic what i started please?

would i be able to buy a supra tt for 8k? if so would it be standard or maybe something nice for that ammount ?

:rlol: ooh so much knowledge!

Anyway, sorry, I understand, getting defensive and 'exaggerating' your position is natural - now it's sorted (almost), let's get back on track.

Buy a black j-spec TT, hopefully it'll be almost BPU, if not then just complete the BPU mods, body kits and stuff are up to you. Should be able to get a good quality low mileage one for around £8k, maybe a bit more. If it's in good condition it'll be up around 400bhp at 1.2bar.

If at some later stage you get £5k odd lying around, then go single, T67 type size should do it.

You can make 40 posts before payment is required.

nice one tbh i think i will sign up now as this forum is full great information, helpfull people and i will soon me a supra owner myself, i have faz at funky power trying to sorce me a auto TT supra in grey :eyebrows: so hope fully in the next 8 weeks i will get my car :p