• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

DBB = dual ball bearing.

To answer all the questions I've been asked in one go:

Going over 1.3bar of boost on the hybrids saw the EGTs get to 950degC and was climbing higher until 1.5bar blew off a hose and caused a loss of power (and a browning of trousers). My performance measuremenst showed I lost power above 100mph, i.e. when it spent a longer time under load in-gear and thus sustained the high boost pressures - it took 4.2s to get from 120 to 130mph instead of 2.5s at 1.3bar.

Street response - well, it's actually a bit difficult to use full boost under 60mph in 2nd gear (it's a manual) as it spins up :) What you've gotta remember is that the sequentials have an arbitrary lag of 4000rpm before they reach full boost, as the second turbo isn't online until then. So you have the responsiveness of the first turbo, which is great for nippy blats through traffic, but it feels gutless under sustained acceleration compared to having both turbos online - eg accelerating at 70/80mph in 6th. The T67 single starts making boost under 3000rpm :eek: and will hit full boost before 4000rpm, planting the throttle over 4000rpm results in instanto-boost, there is NO lag :thumbs:

A sequential setup will outrun a single setup for a couple of seconds under 3000rpm, anything different to that the single wins out in my opinion.

And yeah, it out-performs my old setup, the 0-100mph is now about 8s instead of 9.5 lol. Sounds better too!

-Ian

Seems I missed this.

So if the Thor dyno reads a high - doesn't really matter as the 473.6 rear hub horse power is still comparable to a stock car of 300ish RHHP (Bobbeh's UK manual) on the same dyno.

Its still one of the most powerful stock based turbo's out there.

Envy Power rocks ;)

Gaz.

Guest Terry S

damn another Hybrid/Single thread.

FYI my car now makes full boost, running rich @ 3280 ( datalogged) This is running a single DBB ( stands for dont bother buggerlugs ;)), 650's ( think they are big enough)

The car is making boost so soon I am a little worried for the rods!

Originally posted by Terry S

damn another Hybrid/Single thread.

FYI my car now makes full boost, running rich @ 3280 ( datalogged) This is running a single DBB ( stands for dont bother buggerlugs ;)), 650's ( think they are big enough)

The car is making boost so soon I am a little worried for the rods!

3280 - that's insane! lol :D

That's with the 4" system though isn't it...which will make a difference too...

Originally posted by Terry S

Thats well good Terry...

I might have to get one of those on the Lexus.

That will have some mental poke at 4000-4500k when the VVTi really kicks in.

Gaz.