• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

My ideal street car would be

BL kit with 67P trim turbo and 4" DP/MP

BL gearbox with 3700 PI stall converrter and switchable lock

LSD for sure

This if mapped properly on road fuel will hold its own with ANY production car and most big bikes , on race fuel it would run in the high 10's and with NOS mid 10's with trap speeds in the high 120's

a budget single kit will perform the same in road trim !!!!!

And neither will be 600 hp !!!!

Dude:flame Dev

Guest Usmann A

We got 444hp at the hubs, at 1.3 bar. on stage 3s.

And I estimated around 500-520hp. around 12% loss from fly>hubs ... ?

above 1.3, no point IMHO, you just out of efficency range and heating up the charge.

Ian, didnt you do some research on this? EGTs rocket? and not much acceleration difference on the RSM?(lol, nothing wrong with using RSM :D)

its all about density charge to a certain point.

Guest Usmann A

dude is right,

no way 600hp on twins.

BTW, whats up with all these dyno differences? ill be going to a Rolling road next time, to comapre with Abbeys figures.

ps, singles setpus are a different ball game. IMHO

Originally posted by Usmann A

We got 444hp at the hubs, at 1.3 bar. on stage 3s.

And I estimated around 500-520hp. around 12% loss from fly>hubs ... ?

above 1.3, no point IMHO, you just out of efficency range and heating up the charge.

Ian, didnt you do some research on this? EGTs rocket? and not much acceleration difference on the RSM?(lol, nothing wrong with using RSM :D)

its all about density charge to a certain point.

Usmann im talking about real dynos here , out of interest what figure do you think the T88 car put out , i drove it and it pulled VERY well on the road , the guy says he can keep keep up with most bikes !!!

Name that figure , same dyno as G force as used to test the BTC's

Originally posted by dude

6-700 hp , if your shooting for those figures then look at your trans and converter (best budget for £3K and make sure you have an LSD )

Originally posted by GeordieSteve

3 grand is fine mate.

Steve, I think Dude meant £3k for a built transmission, HiStall TC and fitting. The £3k is in addition to what the turbo kit would cost.

Originally posted by Usmann A

my guess. 470-550 rwhp.

only a guess, the 88 is a 71 equivalant.

How about 428 then U !!!!!!!! shocking isnt it , there would be more to come but not a massive amount , of course at a higher boost the figures would leap dramatically , i thouhg tthe T88 was between the 71 and 74 , its an ancient design of turbo of course more at home on a Scania !!!

dude:flame Dev

Richie, your 473.6 will be no more than 510ish at the crank. As most people have said, you are on the limit for stock based turbos.

Dude/Ian... I know your cars are different specs but how good would you say the performance is below 100mph. For example Ian, would you car with the single would out accelerate your old spec from any speed under 90mph, even say from a 20mph roll? Let's assume no brake boosting for now. All out typical street driven responsiveness and acceleration under triple figures..how do they genuinely compare?

Have you done any performance measurements like you did a while ago (related to cams egt's etc) I seem to remember 0-100 was approx 10.5 secs? ARe you in an auto as well Ian?

i would have thought rolling roads would be out. i been to a few rolling road shoot outs. most cars struggle to get powerdown spinning wheels on rollers. i would have thought a hub dyno would be more accurate for power. at rolling roads you see people sitting in boot or piling people in car to get power down to rollers.

a budget single kit would be better value. a small fast spooing turbo should be good for street.

Guest Usmann A

indeed, alot of people hung up on i want 700hp, guys you cannot fully use 700hp on the road, it will spin the feck in most gears.

changes lanes without a blink of an eye, once that mother comes on boost. :)

it all depends on what you want, iv love Lag. :innocent: :D

Originally posted by MONKEYmark

i would have thought rolling roads would be out. i been to a few rolling road shoot outs. most cars struggle to get powerdown spinning wheels on rollers. i would have thought a hub dyno would be more accurate for power. at rolling roads you see people sitting in boot or piling people in car to get power down to rollers.

a budget single kit would be better value. a small fast spooing turbo should be good for street.

If a car is set up properly on the rollers it wont spin !!!!

For your info Justin nenni wont use a hub dyno to tune a car !!!!!

Guest Usmann A

ps, our car at .2 bar boost had good presence the turbo had come online, only at .2 bar?

now 2.1 on the on pro stock fuel, big job keeping it striaght.

Originally posted by dandan

Richie, your 473.6 will be no more than 510ish at the crank. As most people have said, you are on the limit for stock based turbos.

Dude/Ian... I know your cars are different specs but how good would you say the performance is below 100mph. For example Ian, would you car with the single would out accelerate your old spec from any speed under 90mph, even say from a 20mph roll? Let's assume no brake boosting for now. All out typical street driven responsiveness and acceleration under triple figures..how do they genuinely compare?

Have you done any performance measurements like you did a while ago (related to cams egt's etc) I seem to remember 0-100 was approx 10.5 secs? ARe you in an auto as well Ian?

You need a test drive dude !!!! My car makes the stock based car i started with feel like a goped !!!

Originally posted by RICHIE S

500 hp at the crank will do me ,Im definately going for a single kit next year sometime maybe a t67 or a t71,dude what kind of rpm you getting full boost on the t71?

IMO i preferred the 67Q trim as a road going turbo , the 71 feels laggier , with a 6 spd though i would go for the 71 or even a 74 , even the T88 didnt feel that laggy on the manual , it starts making +ve boost at 4000rpm allthough a decent ECU would prob improve that a bit (thats stallin off the line ) flashing it on the road it boosts sooner .

Originally posted by RICHIE S

What injectors would you go for with the t71,850's on stock rail?

or maybe twin feed,

would I need a clutch upgrade ,rad upgrade forged pistons ,head gasket?

850's will work just fine , either in a stock rail converted to twin feed or an aftermarket jobbie , if your rads good then it will cope , i run a stock headgasket on mine allthough its nice to see some uprated bolts in there, the clutch will not last 5 mins !!!! best ask Terry what he reccomends there.

Originally posted by GeordieSteve

Ok how about 500 at the bloody fly then lol The car is going to be off the road for a long long time anyway and I'll be using it more as a weekend motor at best so cost isn't too bad

500 at the fly is obtainable with a 61 , if you wanna be really fly go for the DBB61 as you wont believe how fast it spools !!!