The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Need For Speed

Shadow Beast

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got my ass handed me by a ford ka in my NA. These days theres alot of very nippy little motors about that'll easily whallop an NA supe to 70 ish mph. Regarding suped up corsa's and the likes I had a double take once as a corsa followed me off a roundabout and proceeded to hold his own til speeds got a bit daft. When I pulled in at a garage he followed me and couldn't believe he'd been had. He had a cali turbo engine with a bigger tubby and nitrous on it. Mine was BPU plus some other bits. Moral of the story not every car on the road is what it seems, and NA's these days are not what I would consider competitive.

Cars these days are getting quicker and these litte run around cars dont weigh a lot at all. Remember the supra is a GT car and so will kill them after 100 when they run out of puff. As for the mini was it old or new?? the new coopers should stick to an NA however if it was an old one sounds like it was running either a 16v lump or a bike engine

hi guys, the mini was tuned by bmw AC Schnitzer, and was fully loaded with body kits and alloys and the likes, very smart piece of kit!!

i agree with what you guys say about being a GT car and i would rather have it for looks alone than drive a corsa!!

however a bit of performance is what is needed now, i have rang around a few places now and the general concencous seams to be to put in a TT engine, a small few mods to get 400 BHP! does this sound about right?

if so i am on the look out now for an engine!

that place in silverstone is it TTS performance or is it just that guy? that does it from his garage?

QSD is the breakers yard in Daventry where the engines etc all come from. They are then fitted at Silverstone gargage in Silverstone. All owned by the same guy (i think?) Id recomend them. Had my car there recently for some new pads and a few bits and bobs to be looked at. The guys there are great. And hopefully it will go back for the TT conversion after xmas. If all goes well and i have enough money!

Would be the only place i would recomend arround here for serviceing etc. Also club members get a supra as a curtosy car opposed to a fiesta :p

Conversion takes about 2 days.

http://www.silverstone-garage.co.uk/home

N/As are not slow and there is no way a new mini could keep up with an N/A at all and there is not loads of cars that could either.

Bless.

I wouldn't say NAs are "slow" - you're unlikely to be left behind by a stock ford focus (at least, as long as it's not the ST). However - they are also not fast, and there are plenty of hot hatches / tuned cars etc. that can keep up with them or leave them behind.

These days, there are plenty of hatchbacks etc. which will give the 964 a run for it's money, and probably some that will leave it behind (at least up to 70-odd). And the 964 is noticable quicker than my Supra (I was surprised at how much quicker).

Simple fact is that 220bhp isn't much nowadays - same as a lighter Focus ST and even cars that are down on power like a Golf GTi (197bhp) weigh less so performance will be pretty much identical. When you consider something like a Mazda 3 MPS is chucking out 250bhp and 280lb ft it puts things into perspective.

yeah but if you sell a na aero and buy a tt aero i would imagine your going to spend more over all than getting a engine swap. i know with my facelift 5spd na. the cost of selling it and buying another in the same colour with the same spec and the kitting it and spraying it it would be a right pain in the arse. and would leave me quite a lot more out of pocket.

unless someone can find me a quicksilver facelift tt, with do-luck, trial rear, trd wing and oem skirts with a lsd, without leather seats and with a perfect interior for 8k then let me know but i very much doubt i can. :) i love my car the way it is and wouldnt want to fork out again fitting kit etc. I hate leather seats so wouldnt want them. and my interior is spotless not even a mark. I hate a scrappy interior if i didnt have a perfect one it would drive me mad. :)