The mkiv Supra Owners Club

The Need For Speed

Shadow Beast

HELP!!!!!

Last Saturday hubby and I were heading off to the cinema in our lovely beast of a car, after having an argument about who was driving I gave in and let him drive. Husband put his foot down so were not late and as the needle hit ***mph a mini over took us (OH MY GOD). This mini must have been going 130mph or more. Hubby tried to keep up whilst I hung on tight to my seat, I swore it was a child driving coz I could not see a head above the head rest. Eventually we got to some traffic lights and realized not only was this mini tuned by AC Schintzer but a Japanese lad was driving (PHEW this made it acceptable).

However, tonight hubby was driving again having collected me from work when a boy racer came screaming up behind us and was hot on our tail. Hubby looks in rear mirror and says “tit, watch this I will accelerate off the roundabout and leave him behind”. OH MY GOD – not only when we accelerated did he overtake us, but he was in a corsa.

This is where I need help – this was so bloody embarrassing. How do I get my car to perform like it looks and sounds?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I see - don't feel so ashamed now.

We are thinking about getting a Turbo, anyone know costs and work involved?

Easy - Sell the NA and buy a TT. If you're okay with an auto, they can be had for not a lot these days. It's not worth converting unless you have a very special NA (i.e very late model)

damn power to weight ratio you will conmen us n/a for ever!!!

just remember(this helps me sleep at night) supra looks better, more people actully look at it and go WoW and not chav (corsa with a cherry bomb)

you car was proberly cheaper than his corsa/saxo/feista (after they have tuned it) and remember your insurance knows of your mods, there is no way his does!!

second if i knew yours was a N/a Auto i would have raced you hubby today. Damn it!

or go to RGS motor sport in leyland ind est and get a Nos Kit

Isn't NOS just a one off boost in a straight line?

Nope, depending if you have a progessive controller, you would be able to use when ever the tank is full, true you only have it for a short time, but then again you only want the extra power for blasting by some Punk!!

if you want the turbo:- best bet and safest is engine swap. there is someone near silverstone (forgot members name) quoted around 3k all in

dumped my TT for an Black N/A Aerotop best thing i ever did because supra's are getting common as anything round here where as a Aerotop is something special!

Nope, depending if you have a progessive controller, you would be able to use when ever the tank is full, true you only have it for a short time, but then again you only want the extra power for blasting by some Punk!!

if you want the turbo:- best bet and safest is engine swap. there is someone near silverstone (forgot members name) quoted around 3k all in

An engine swap to turn a N/A to a TT, seems a bit excessive, most people keep their N/A engine and just add supporting mods for the forced induction side ;)

£3K all in?

I frickin hate you i just been given a cheque for £6k for water damage hehe:eyebrows:

NA's aren't slow, well, mine is at the moment, and yes, they don't compare to our forced induction brothers... But in SBS racing I've beaten many cars, the best being an E36 BMW, but it was wet, and he couldn't control his back end as well as I could, and in the dry, I've beaten an E46 (If I'm right) BMW 330CI, I don't know the power of the BMW, but my NA was able to get the power down (4k RPM, side step the clutch, feed the rest in as you feel you need to :))