The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For Sale, JamieP Supra

JamieP

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't mean this in a taking-the-piss way - but is it going to be sold with a self-destructing diff, or is something stronger going to be fitted? It seems likely the new owner might get a nasty surprise given your history with diffs.

I don't mean this in a taking-the-piss way - but is it going to be sold with a self-destructing diff, or is something stronger going to be fitted? It seems likely the new owner might get a nasty surprise given your history with diffs.

guess it depends how he drives the car ;)

Good luck with the same Jamie

guess it depends how he drives the car ;)

Good luck with the same Jamie

I think it's funny how people's views differ in things like this when they "know" the seller.

Let's say a member on here bought another car - not a Supra, but let's say a Skyline for example. They drive it for a month, then the diff self destructs. The new owner now discovers that the previous owner was a member of a Skyline forum and there is a well documented history of the car destroying diffs at a rate of one every couple of months on that forum.

Would everybody say "It must be the way you've driven it in the last month"? Or would they say - the car had a known fault which the previous owner knew about and didn't describe? I know what I'd think.

As said it depends how the new owner drives it, id imagine this diff would last the average man a lifetime but options are available.

As said it depends how the new owner drives it, id imagine this diff would last the average man a lifetime but options are available.

Well, now that you've confirmed you're more than the average man, I'll bow out of this thread. Good luck with the sale - and good luck to the new average owner.

Guest Nicholas
Well, now that you've confirmed you're more than the average man, I'll bow out of this thread. Good luck with the sale - and good luck to the new average owner.

Good luck with the same Jamie please don't turn into a cock like dave though if you do buy a Porsche :D

Jamie, how come it had another respray, or do you mean the one from last time?

International paint shortage!!!

Had some brake fluid damage to one rear arch, it was sat under the ramp at Turbofit and another car dripped on it, plus some filler had sunk back (Knightracer repairer FOC) had a couple other blemishes that needed doing, the paintwork is perfect now.

Has this whole thread/posts been resurrected or what? I've had the weirdest damn deja-vou (?) there ever was and I seriously seem to remember all of the above from months ago. Strange.

Anyways, good luck Jamie. No luck needed and I'm grateful for the chance to of had a good burn in this beast! Cheers bud. ;)

Greg

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.