97 members have voted

1. 1. Supra as a daily driver?

• I use the Supra for communting
    • I own a Supra but use pubic transport for commuting
    • I own a Supra AND a small runaround car for commuting
    • I own a Supra AND a motorbike/scooter for commuting
    • None of the above

I use mine for everything.

So far only one failure, a couple of months ago....

Me, wife, Mother in law and a new boxed 37 ins TV

After 10 mins of trying this I finally had to leave Mother in law in the shop :)

(Wife picked her up on a return trip)

So do I.

Used to run an old Renault 21 as my workhorse and have the supe for weekends, then some bored 15 year olds torched the 21, so I've used the nice car every day for the 20 months...must get round to buying a 2nd car again.

Good responses, but I am surprised at how many people use their Supra to commute :blink:

I don't see why you're surprised. They're extremely reliable and even at BPU are an easy to manage car and just soak up the mileage. Just make sure you keep it maintained and they will go on for years. Mine did 3 years of daily commuting, shopping runs, etc and didn't miss a beat.

Since going single I'm a lot more wary of the car but it's proved okay so far doing the commute. Time will tell if it's reliable on a long term basis. MPH has improved to 25mpg too (only on the commute though, it's horrendous when having some fun :D )

As said by a few peeps I kinda tick all the various boxes on the poll over the years i owned mine.

I used mine for short daily commute for 1st year of ownership as was only car.

Then got a Scooter (Gillera Runner 125 which got nicked after 5days!:( Then got a shitty 100cc Piaggio which I couldn't get any parts for from Piaggio dealer!:complain:) for the following 2years of ownership to keep mileage down all while living at parents in London.

Then since getting my own place with a garage last Nov, I now have a runabout Fiesta Zetec for daily commute etc. Supra stays in garage and has only come out for various car shows so far this year and it's black which used to be a nightmare to keep nice and clean looking using it all the time, but so much easier now. :yahoo:

Guest GirlRacer!

Wow! Loads of you run 2 cars! I wish I could afford that (although I'd probably get 2 Supras if I could!)

I use mine for commuting every day, then lots of fun at weekends too... about 200 miles a week and she's good as gold!

I'm on first-name terms with my petrol station owner though :D

I think it would just be frustrating to have a run-around - I'd always be craving the acceleration! It nearly killed me having an astra diesel as a courtesy car for the day!! :)

Guest Chumpalot

I use mine as a daily driver, don't commute in it though, sod that. Petrol plus the added cost of a congestion charge... :blink:

It gets used daily though I'd like to get another, smaller car to use as a runaround. I'd probably be like you though and just want to get in the Supra every time. Why choose omething which is far worse?

iIuse my supra every day for work

2 miles away so around 4-5 miles a day to work

Then i go here and there local to me.

i go on hoilday in it,

Dam ive even slept in the supra ,had my dinner in it ,had a bit of love in it lol

Done most things in it.

Fuel is a pain but to turn the key each morning and hear the car rumble

ooooohhhh it makes me smile to myself

then first gear foot down in to 2nd powers there and that feeling to be pushed back in my own seat in your own little cockpit {i even talk to my self }

people reading this if you have not got a supra

GET ONE

Guest GirlRacer!
Dam ive even slept in the supra ,had my dinner in it ,had a bit of love in it

Too much information?!!! :blink:

hehee! Just kidding - sounds like you're besotted with your car like the rest of us!!! :D