The mkiv Supra Owners Club

I hate getting insurance quotes

DaveK

The Porsche insurance is due, and the renewal was a bit more than expected, so I'm ringing round for quotes. But it's a painful experience.

"Is the car modified in any way?"

"Only cosmetically - for example, I've changed the steering wheel."

"Oh - have you fitted a sports steering wheel?"

"It's a Porsche 911 - what do you think was on there to start with?"

Idiot.

The cheapest quote so far is actually the place I have the Supra insured with (2Gether) but I would lose commuting, so I would probably pay a bit more and keep that - which means Performance Marque are in the lead. Still too expensive though!

Who else have you tried?

Have you tried A-Plan and were they any good?

My renewal was RJ sports cars (or something like that - can never remember the name). Also tried Adrian Flux (by far the most expensive), Performance Marque, 2Gether and Lancaster (who I used to be with, and are going to call back with a quote).

Will try A-Plan now.

Tried A Manning?

Have called them, and they are going to call me back with a quote.

Aon have just jumped into the lead with a pretty good quote. Agreed value, 5K miles and they are the first ones to quote under £350 - including legal protection.

I'm waiting for Lancaster, A-Plan and A Manning to call back - but if they don't beat that (and I suspect they won't since most of the other quotes are around the £400 mark) then Aon will win.

NU "Collectors" policy - their version of a classic limited mileage policy was a joke. £697.63! He started saying "and that includes...." - I said it really doesn't matter what it includes mate, you're £300 more than everybody else!

Aon have just jumped into the lead with a pretty good quote. Agreed value, 5K miles and they are the first ones to quote under £350 - including legal protection.

AON walked it in my quest for insurance on the Supra. If you are over 30 and happy with 5k limited mileage then you can't go wrong!

They were good when I claimed for my windscreen too!

H.

AON walked it in my quest for insurance on the Supra. If you are over 30 and happy with 5k limited mileage then you can't go wrong!

They were good when I claimed for my windscreen too!

H.

All the quotes I get are limited mileage anyway, since it's a second car.

Aon is fine if it's a second car. (Like yours is)

However, I found out at renewal with Aon that the limited mileage policy doesn't earn you any no claims, so I ditched it.

I now have the Supra with Norwich Union Direct and it costs me £370 a year. Ok, I'm 41, but I only had 3 years no claims. NU aren't competitive on limited mileage policies, but they were well cheap for a normal policy. They also came in cheapest by quite a margin for the Corvette.

I've just realised that although Aon are by far the cheapest, I have to join PCGB to get that policy. Which would cost me £69 and means they are then comparable to several other companies.

Lancaster were almost as much as NU. Performance Marque are once again looking favourite.

Because it's easy you just tell them things you know the answer to, simple :)

I never said it would be cheap. In fact it wouldn't be :D

Damn. I could easily :love: a girl with a flash Supra. But cheap is a definite requirement. ;)

Obviously their questions are not complicated - but I can't stand being asked stupid things. And I'm tired of

"what's your phone number"

"Why would you need that to give me a quote?"

Maybe I'm just a stroppy git.