The mkiv Supra Owners Club

SZ-R Wanted.

SupraPL

a possible is a white one on the trader at £4295.

you'll need to confirm 100% its a six speed but if it is with the wheels brakes etc its nearly worth the money in bits and would be the cheapest one i've seen...........

Where is the car?

Ah yeah just had a look at the model differences chart thing, so you can get an SZ 6speed but its 96 onwards which would be more expensive then. I don't know that you need a 6 speed in an NA :p

To be honest i don't need another non turbo Supra, i just need the 6 speed gearbox. LOL. :D

Careful there.... not all SZ-R's have a 6 speed, only the facelift.

I know two people with L Reg SZ-R's with the n/a 5 speed.

Slight hijack: what's the difference between a 5 speed SZ-R and a 5 speed SZ with the LSD? Like you, I have a 5 speed NA with LSD.

not strictly true, i've seen a few facelift SZ-R's with the 5 speed box

i'm pretty sure these are just manual sz's

I 'think' all sz-r's ie with the actual szr model code are 6 speeds if facelifts.

eg did these 5 speeds have electric drivers seats?

i'm pretty sure these are just manual sz's

I 'think' all sz-r's ie with the actual szr model code are 6 speeds if facelifts.

eg did these 5 speeds have electric drivers seats?

i'm not sure actually? am i right in thinking that all sz-r's don't have electric seats?

• 4 weeks later...
Can't jezz sort ya out ? sure he does the 6 speed conversion for 3k fitted .

If you can buy one for 4500, swap gearbox and sell it with 5 speed one for let's say 3500 - do your calculations... Before you will ask, why not to keep 6 speed and sell 5 speed one - his car is 2002 NA :)

Just came a cross this old post.

I have an SZ-R but when I bought it it was advertised as and SZ, the VIN confirms is an SZ-R.

It's 5 speed, has LSD, ABS, Electric seats and folding wing mirrors.

ABS on a N/A, thought that didnt happen.......my old SZ-R didnt have ABS :blink:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.