The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Aquamist Jet Sizes

Wez

I checked my Jet this weekend and according to the aquamist site mine is 0.7mm as it has a red colour code, 0.9mm would be a white colour code.

Would it be worth me upgraded this to two 0.6mm jets which would equal 1.2mm which is close to 350ml/sec on the chart.

I wouldn't go bigger than a .9 myself Wez. You don't need that much water as you are running a well matched turbo with a decent I/C, you only need maximum if overspeeding something like the stock ones.

OK cool, would it be a good idea for me to just replace my single 0.7mm jet with a 0.9mm jet, they are only 10 quid from aquamist.

OK cool, would it be a good idea for me to just replace my single 0.7mm jet with a 0.9mm jet, they are only 10 quid from aquamist.

Of course it does depend on just what kit your using, as i run the 2C with high speed valve, which in effect is an injector, run by EMU then i go for the maximum size that could be needed for the fuelling, but if your running a pressure controlled kit then it will spray the full amount as soon as the switch point is reached.

The max flow rate of the jet(s) also depends on the pump's capacity.

The Aqumist pump can have it's flow capacity almost doubled if you use a cheap priming pump before (it hates sucking)

I'd be inclined to go further than Chris and use nothing bigger than 0.8mm. (obviously it also depends on your max airflow!)

In fact I only use 0.4, 0.5 and 0.6

Atomisation is better with the smaller jets, and on a good setup you don't want to have one cylinder receiving twice the water mist of another cylinder;)