The mkiv Supra Owners Club

BPU with cam's and EMU

stupra

IMO the datalogging on the EMU isn't all that, and as i said the logged AFR plot is only as good as the users ability to get the inputs and output spot on, and so far i still can't get the EMU AFR plot to match the Innovate (which may be my fault, but i have spent a lot of time trying to get it right) and i would rather trust the Innovate;)

Plus the EMU certainly doesn't come close to the logging ability's of the Innovate, and its quite easy to create a log that corresponds to the EMU maps;)

A little extra work is needed for the datalogging but mine end up like this with one click of a macro button :) Works OK for me.

The MAP2 ECU and the EMU are, as Brian says, horses for courses. Can't argue with his results on one!

-Ian

datalog.jpg

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

A little extra work is needed for the datalogging but mine end up like this with one click of a macro button :) Works OK for me.

The MAP2 ECU and the EMU are, as Brian says, horses for courses. Can't argue with his results on one!

-Ian

I use this method with EMU and Logworks, can get virtually identical log verses load sites.

Your spreadsheet values are in the little boxes at the bottom showing values for the current position in the log - I like it like that, easy to see what's happening I reckon - just depends which way your brain works as to which you prefer!

The log files are stored in comma seperated value format so very easy to pull them into an excel spreadsheet if that's what floats yer boat :)

Cheers,

Brian.

Wow, this has gone off on a tangent :D.

None of the tech stuff make's any sense to me, but I was told good thing's about the EMU which is why I went for it. I also went on the fact that if an EMB is capable of running a single, the EMU will be more than up to the job of running my BPU plus cam's an injector's set up. Having Ian quite near and willing to map it for me is a bonus :). Not saying the MAP2 wouldn't be able to do just as good a job though.

I see how that works, that's quite clever, but it doesn't account for accel pumps or liftoff overfuelling surely?

Also, I have to say, what is going on with your duty cycle adjustments dude, they are all over the shop :)

-Ian

You can account for that to a degree by checking max and min and the number of data points.

Those two examples may not have been directly connected, ( just an example) but they do tend to look like that, don't forget that i don't use the airflow map like you Ian, + it works for me:)

I also can't deal with mapping from graphs;)

So can a fuel pressure regulator be used instead of getting a set of injectors??

im thinking an fpr is the cheaper option, but is it just as effective? .........for example if more fuel was needed after upgrading the cams

It's not really effective. If you up the overall fuel pressure to compensate for 6000-6800rpm on full boost, you will run richer across the whole range, from idle to cruise to full boost under 6krpm. Closed loop will pull some of it out, but each change in throttle position will take longer to recover back to stoich. Your fuel usage will go up noticeably, and you can sap power when on boost as closed loop is switched off and it already runs really rather rich when BPUd with no fuelling adjustment.

-Ian