The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuelling advice for GT4088

Sean1933

Right so a 4088 isnt exactly the power house i thought it was gonna be? I've been offered a whole helluva lot of turbo's of late including a t04z with various trims. I am lost on where to spend my money now. The only advice I am really getting is from an ebay trader. He is telling me I can get a turbo of a t04z variety in an ar of my choice for a very good price. Now I have to figure out what AR's I need.

Right so a 4088 isnt exactly the power house i thought it was gonna be? I've been offered a whole helluva lot of turbo's of late including a t04z with various trims. I am lost on where to spend my money now. The only advice I am really getting is from an ebay trader. He is telling me I can get a turbo of a t04z variety in an ar of my choice for a very good price. Now I have to figure out what AR's I need.
That's right, it's not a monster turbo, it's a good cheap street turbo. Tried and tested both here and in the US. I couldn't care less if Alex and Homer want to have digs about it being a truck turbo, blah blah. I think they're great. (The turbo I mean, not Alex and Homer) :D

Way better suited to the Supra engine than the PHR1 GT60 I had before.

I'm not trying to twist your arm though Bry, do what you like mate, makes no odds to me either way. :)

so it seems the standard rail with drop in 650cc's is the way to go then!
That's what I'd do :shrug:

My Blue VVTi actually has 800cc PE injectors in the stock rail but they're getting an easy life. They seldom see over 60% duty cycle iirc.

Can someone please confirm asap if PE 650cc in a stock rail (conv to twin feed) will be able to happily support a GT4088 at 1.4/1.5bar.

Or should i get 688cc delphi (my contact confirmed he can get for 250quid) and an uprated rail? works out about the same price either way...Need an answer asap.

Cheers

If I've understood it correct, the GT4088 is about on par with a T67 in terms of it peak flow. When I was discussing injectors for the T67, Ian C said:

My 720's at 38psi static run around 85% to 90% duty at the top end of the rev range and 1.4bar boost. 650's are fine for a T61 at 1.4bar, maybe 1.6 if you crank up the fuel pressure, but you'd see 98% to 100% duty at 1.4bar on a 67, leaving absolutely no headroom for the boost creeping up a bit or running richer in higher gears for intercooler effects etc etc so frankly I wouldn't map that high, maybe 1.2bar maximum.

So, the answer is probably a No, they will not safely flow enough to run a Gt4088 above 1.2bar.

*waits to be corrected* :D

Christ im confused...dont know what to do now. Just said to someone i would have there new PE650's off them...but if the cant take my expectations....HELP-CLARITY PLEASE!?

If I were you I'd have a chat with a few of the mappers and see what they say.

RyanG has a GT4088 with 650's so would be a good starting point.

If I've understood it correct, the GT4088 is about on par with a T67 in terms of it peak flow.

Im not sure that they are i would say the gt4088 .81 is between the t61 and t67. Looking at the duty cycles calculation your t67 flow abit more at the top end to the gt4088 .81 housing.

So my advise would be if your planning on running a gt4088 with a .81 housing and stock cams then 650cc injectors are fine as i run them and so does b'have in this setup. Max injector duty i have ever seen is 84% (1.5bar) on cold night but normally around 80% which is fine.

If your planning on running a t67 or gt4088 .96 housing then i would go for some 720cc or 800cc.

Also if your planning on running a gt4088 .81 with some aftermarket cams i would also recommend getting some 720cc injectors or raising fuel pressure with 640cc if wanting to run more than 1.3bar

HTH

Ryan

As far as i know the bottom end is all stock. I really dunno what's in there. All I do know for sure is that it's got hks pistons, other than that your guess is as good as mine.

OK fair enough - seems to be holding together alright though doesn't it? I guess TJ did a better job than most people would give them credit for. If you've got HKS pistons though then the bottom end isn't stock.

OK fair enough - seems to be holding together alright though doesn't it? I guess TJ did a better job than most people would give them credit for.
Yeah it's holding together great. I've been giving it some serious stick on the motorways since I started working again and thanks to Ryan's map it drives great. I'd really like to ditch the lightweight flywheel and get back to a stock one but other than that I'm really happy with the car now.

I've no complaints about TJ's mechanical skills. I'm not so happy about their mapping and I'm very unhappy with their customer service and business practices.

If you've got HKS pistons though then the bottom end isn't stock.
I don't think of pistons as 'bottom end'. To me the bottom end is the crank and parts attached to it. YMMV, seems like splitting hairs really though.