The mkiv Supra Owners Club

hks versus boostlogic

gaz1

The runners on the BL look to me like they stay separate until nearer the turbo than the HKS/PHR.

To me - neither manifold looks particularly flow optimized - more a packaging compromise but that's life. My personal opinion is that the BL looks the free-er flowing of the two.

Both have pretty cack wastegate routing but again - that's down to space and packaging and obviously works well enough :)

What's wrong with your XS one?

The runners on the BL look to me like they stay separate until nearer the turbo than the HKS/PHR.

To me - neither manifold looks particularly flow optimized - more a packaging compromise but that's life. My personal opinion is that the BL looks the free-er flowing of the two.

Both have pretty cack wastegate routing but again - that's down to space and packaging and obviously works well enough :)

What's wrong with your XS one?

probably nothing now but had issues with it before, but my turbo does not kick in untill 4k gt4088 is that about right, thought it may be manifold related

How about one of these....

Click me

Good price and made of excellent quality material, ive seen one of these and the build quality is 2nd to non, plus they have excellent wastegate routing.

And you have a life time warrenty :)

All depends on your wastegate though, it'll only take a 46mm :(

I like the OBX manifolds - for the price I think they are unbeatable.

A Tial 44mm gate is more than enough for pretty much anyone on here running any power they like on pump fuel so I wouldn't let that put you off. I was going to post a link to this very same item :)

as far as tubular manifolds go these are probably the best of whats out there unless you spend fortunes on an incolnel one

I take it you want to stick to tubular?? if it were me, I would source a cast manifold. Flow wise there is very little difference although it will safegaurd you against cracking although the BL ones sound well made according to the guys so the decision is yours :)

boost logic are greddy copies / sp are hks copies . all do the same thing. OBX , there are many different versions , be careful which one you buy. Ebay ones are excellent for their price but better then some OBX units. The problem with the OBX units are, look at the welding , see what they are welded with , the collector on some are just braised on ...rather then tigged on. i have binned 2 of the manifolds taken from the cars that we have had in already, give you a guess who they were from ???....

Interesting - I thought the OBX ones (with clocked turbo flange) looked very good but to be fair I have never had one in my hand so can't comment. Brazing...on an exhaust manifold...jesus!!

Sorry for the OT but Michel - any chance you can pm me a price for a 100mm intercooler core with 3" pipe ends (as per your single conversions) please?

buggered if i know jamie how would i find that out:search:

It says it on the back of the turbo, near the downpipe, its just my latest gt4088 is getting full boost around 4k and it has a .96 hotside, the old one with the .81 hotside i was getting full boost at 3200 rpm.

If you want quality and are willing to spend the money then Full-Race is the way to go. The materials are immaculate and flawless and you can have it heat coated for looks and heat reduction. They also use a lot of the dual wastegate for better boost control and always try to push you closer which now is better than just a large single wastegate.

Cheers,

Joe