The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Crank Pulley Death Wobble

Terminator

Are there any other tell tale signs of this happening? I dont have a squeeling sounds but I do have a ticking sound that sounds like bearings have gone somewhere. I thought it was a power steering pump but that was changed, along with the tensioner but the ticking/clicking sound is still there. It's only at low temp too. Once the car has warmed up then it dies down. I have no clue what is causing it now????

I've checked my pulleys and there all rotating without any wobble. I may have hi-jacked this thread with no good reason. :)

Edited by Bossco (see edit history)

• 2 months later...
It's not a fluke, actually. I have seen at least 4 pulley separations where the belts stayed on the part still attached to the crank, and the outer cast iron ring sat in the tray :)

MMM makes me wonder now if mine would run the two miles I need to get it home with the belt being driven by the remnants of the crank pulley? I have a shorter belt that takes out the airco and may help to tension the belt a bit more.