The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Events on my Driveway

Soop Dogg

Was checking the footage from the camera at the front of the house the other day when I came across THIS Obviously didn't mean any harm, but the cheeky little sh*t was half way up my driveway!

Recorded this tonight when it was lashing it down outside too.

Worth having these cameras - I was able to keep an eye on the house (inside & outside) when on holiday recently too - well worth the money for peace of mind of knowing the cars were ok!

Looks like a nice setup. What gear do you need for that kind of quality recording Bri?

How much are we talking about?

I presume it's recording to a PC, is it?

Yep - about £200! Really pleased with the setup. There's a number of cameras around the place, front/rear/indoors etc. with door/window sensors and a remote keypad. It's all event driven by macros that you define yourself. i.e. on a specified event, you have a particular device carry out a specified action. It stores video or still images remotely so even if someone breaks in and takes the computer, I still have the images on a remote server, as well as having them sent to my email account. You can have it notify you by SMS too and I can access live video via the internet. (Was able to turn night vision on and off from the states last month as well as completely configuring the whole system - seemed funny at the time!)

Well pleased with it - had it for about a year now and have just expanded the system this summer with a couple of extra devices.

Here's a link to the company selling the stuff. There's now a standalone unit that doesn't need the PC to be on to run it. (Just need the PC to set it up) They have a sale on at teh moment too...

:yeahthat:

I watched a dodgy looking kid cycle up to mine in a car park, I thought 'here we go'... he just took a couple of photos on his phone and rode off :D

Didn't they do that on "Gone in 60 seconds" the day before they stole the cars?? :D

H.

:D they did indeed. be afraid, be very afraid....

That looks like an ace setup and something I've been meaning to get at home, one question though after looking at the site, do you have to pay their monthly subsciption to monitor something that's actually situated in your own home?

Can the equipment not be setup so that it's available via logging into your own computer from outside?

do you have to pay their monthly subsciption to monitor something that's actually situated in your own home?

Can the equipment not be setup so that it's available via logging into your own computer from outside?

I just pay the subscription - the reason you pay is because you store it remotely on their server. You pre-pay for 3-monthly access, and it can be from £5.95 to £11.95 pre month depending on how much storage you think you'll need. I was off on holiday in June and paid for the top account, but I can downgrade it when it falls due again if I like.

Not a lot of cash for the peace of mind - especially when it costs so little for the cameras etc.

You don't HAVE to have the remote access - you can set it up just to email you the videos it records, but I like to be able to control the system and look at live video if I choose to.

They also do power controllers that you can plug lamps etc into and can control them remotely. Electric curtains could be a good idea!!

:D

So it is disabled if you don't take the service?

That's on the XG1000 standalone gateway unit. I have the unit that requires the PC to run it, so I don't know about that one. Give them a call - they're pretty helpful. I ran mine for the best part of a year without the remote service account and just had it email me with a video attachment when it picked something up.

However, I myself wouldn't really see a problem with being compelled to pay for an account should I upgrade to the standalone - it's cheap for what it is. Even a bog standard house alarm costs for a service contract and it doesn't touch this for flexibility. Being able to have a look at the house when we were away was just so handy.