The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Fuel Kit Fabrication Questions - Exprienced Input Required

dandan

OK guys,

I may well be embarking down the T67DBB route in the very near future but am now just pondering over my fuelling setup. I will probably only run 1.3bar maximum on this turbo seen as I'm on a stock bottom end.

At present all I have fitted different to stock is a Walbro 342 instead of the JDM pump.

I do have the following ready to fit:

Dual feed OEM rail

650cc injectors (I may bump these up to 720's - not sure yet).

#6 Earls lines and fittings to get a dual feed from the filter to the rail (this was going to be a stop gap to give me plenty fuelling for my BPU+++ as it is at the moment)

I am planning to get another pump and instead of doing the dual feed from the one filter I will probably take one #6 line from the OEM filter to one end of the rail and then run a new line (not sure what size) from a second pump to a second filter and up to the other end of the rail.

Now I have a few questions, mostly related to necessary fittings needed so all useful input is appreciated:

Shall I run a second line (totally separate from existing) from the pump all the way to the filter and then run my #6 up to the rail?

If so what fittings do I need to get out of the tank, through the stock hanger, clear the dust cover and onto my fuel line.

What size line do people usually go for when it's in addition to existing - #8?

Shall I use a stock filter?

OK, thanks for reading/input

Dan

Hi Mate,

if it helps i can take pics of my set up to show you what i did.

I'm running triple walbro's from one hanger, with dual braided lines, 2 filters, and 1 line into each end of the fuel rail.

Dont know if thats what your looking for?

Cheers

G

go down the route of triple hanger from phr and put 2 fuel pumps in , works out less work and time. i carry these in stock . £300 with all fitments excluding pumps. You wont get leaks and its a single feed -8an all the way to the front , then just feed the rail using a -8an single line with a -6an return to the FPR. Use an aeromotive -10an fuel filter on it. You use the exsisting return line and exsisting breather, and everything fits in the fuel cell.

I'll get pics today for you.

Cheers

G

PS Mine is similar to what Michel is suggesting as it is triple hanger with triple pumps and single -10 feed. I have then however split the feed and created twin lines which run to the rail.

Easier to see on pics.

Ive got a Soarer so its slightly different but essentially the same(if that makes sence!). Im running 2 walbros. The fittings to get the lines out of the tank were made by pirtek. I just told them what i needed and they made them up for buttons. So, from the tank I ran 2 lines(not fancy braided stuff) all the way to the front where they fed either side of the fuel rail. fuel rail returns to regulator and then stock return system. Ive got earls filters in line. Total cost for all parts minus pumps, fuel rail, and injectors.... £80. Just incase there is in any worry about the 'blue peter-ness' of this, the fuel lines are rated at 400psi and the fittings are very industrial! Might not be the prettiest thing to look at but rest assured it works!

;)

Thanks Michel - I may go down that route but I am on a budget - not an "engine blowing, cut corners budget" but a "no luxuries budget".

The hanger would be ideal but I'm not sure I can justify it.

I can source any Earls fittings and lines, I'm interested in how people get a second line out through the stock hanger I suppose - or are people joing them together in the tank and then splitting them with a Y once they're back out of the tank?

In some ways I do like the idea of one #10 fuel line - it would certainly look better as I could contain it all under the stock protector rail. Perhaps I'll go down that route, two pumps joined in the tank, one #10 line to an Earls filter and then split to 2x#6 to either end of my rail.

OK I'm with you - sounds like a very neat setup. I think if I went dual lines I would want to utilize the OEM line though to save some unessessary expenditure.

Although if I go to Pirtek and get non blue/red/Earls/££ then it won't be too bad. Have you got any pics?

You are over complicating thigs, IMO. A stock rail modded to take a -6 or -8 hose fitting and a single, in tank Bosch 044 Motorsport pump, with stock regulator will be fine, and a simple conversion. You can now buy off the shelf pick up filters for the 044 pumps, which make this a breeze.

Do you think the stock feed line and the stock filter are large enough to support let's say 550bhp Chris?

I envisage a reasonable back pressure from that single stock line but if the 044 can kick out the flow required at that pressure (let's say 40psi rail pressure on top of 21psi of boost plus back pressure plus any back pressure from the return line)

So let's call that what 100psi at the pump as a guessed starting point?

A common setup;

Walbro 341/342/392 or Bosch 044

-8 from pump to filter.

-8 to -10 connector

-10 Aeromotive Filter (washable)

-10 to -8 connector

-8 to Y-6 connectors

2x -6 lines to the rail.

-6 to the FPR

Stock FEED line returns to the tank.

Multiple pumps is asking for multiple problems. Single pump big enough to cope.

Yes cheers Alex. I have the Y and dual -6 lines for the filter forward, it was more the main feed line and the required fittings to get out of the tank if/when running two pumps that concerned me. I think a single 044 may be the way forward..