The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Found a bat - In my House!!!

Class One

I'd just walked out my kitchen into the hall when I saw something dragging itself across the carpet. At first i thought it was a small toad but upon closer inspection it was a bat! It had comefrom behind my computer desk at the bottom of the stairs.

I don't know how long it had been there or how it got there, but the poor wee chappie didn't look too clever. It wasn't able to make any effort to extend its wings or anything so after capturing the creature for posterity, I took it outside and disposed of it.

Ahem,

Bats ARE protected, but you wont get done by bigger boys for disposing of it, if it was genuinley in distress.

If it was a bextine however you would be liable for a substantial amount of money and a criminal record. But dont worry it is indeed a pipistrelle.

I help run a bat hospital (yes there is such a thing so if you ever have any bat problems in the future feel free to contact me :)

Ahem,

Bats ARE protected, but you wont get done by bigger boys for disposing of it, if it was genuinley in distress.

If it was a bextine however you would be liable for a substantial amount of money and a criminal record. But dont worry it is indeed a pipistrelle.

I help run a bat hospital (yes there is such a thing so if you ever have any bat problems in the future feel free to contact me :)

I thought it looked like a pip. IMO it was in distress. So I used the grand daddy of Animal welfare legislation, the Protection of Animals Act 1911. I think I've still got my blue certificate kicking around somewhere at work.

We live in a modernish house, I can't understand how it got in or how it ended up where it did. We don't have cats, and the area where it was is no where near a window or a regularly opened door. I checked for droppings or anything else, I guess it was soemwhere warm for it. I'm glad my dog didn't get hold of it.

We had one in the house once a few years ago when I lived in Bovington.

Lin woke me up saying there was a strange noise. When I turned the light on I saw something flying around.

Turned out to be a small bat that had flown in the open window. He dropped down to the floor near the window and I threw a towel over it, picked it up and shook the towel out the window. :)

One of the blokes at work was helping an injured bat the other weekend and phoned an expert for help, he suggested turning it over to ID it which he did and the bugger bit him:(

The guy on the other end then told him that the particular type of bat may be carrying rabies!! He then spent the following day on the phone organising injections.

After it bit him the 'expert' then told him he should have worn gloves :D

I'd just walked out my kitchen into the hall when I saw something dragging itself across the carpet. At first i thought it was a small toad but upon closer inspection it was a bat! It had comefrom behind my computer desk at the bottom of the stairs.

I don't know how long it had been there or how it got there, but the poor wee chappie didn't look too clever. It wasn't able to make any effort to extend its wings or anything so after capturing the creature for posterity, I took it outside and disposed of it.

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/dirrtydug/P1020069Small.jpg

http://i186.photobucket.com/albums/x50/dirrtydug/P1020074Small.jpg

"There's a bat in me kitchen what am me garna do"