The mkiv Supra Owners Club

First and Second year gifts

Supragal

i've got another 6 weeks until my membership expires........ can i have some furry dice as a gift.

seriously tho, whats the point of me having a supra sticker on my mr2 :twak:

put the money towards improving the site, that way everyone will benefit...... better server etc. although i already think it's spot on at the moment :)

Originally posted by Supragal

we've already got them...you may have noticed at JAE ;)

Bigger ones then :)

flags yes indeed, good idea especially to mark out the club area!

Height is always going to get the attention of the punters at something like the JAE where most stands are no higher than the cars on them - a couple of flag poles could be cool.

And Mr Prawn seems willing to donate things for cost so all is good :thumbs:

What about posting up a list of 'goddies' in which people can make a choice via reply?

(1) club logo stickers

(2) Supra / club logo Mug

(3) Supra / club logo key ring

etc.

Then create a final deadline for replies in which you'll have a definite number of each 'gift' to send out. Then everyone will get what they want.

I think the best idea is to actually get something back with 'our' club logo on it. This then advertises the club and makes us all feel like a member of something.

:)

Bottom line is i expect nothing in return for my £10, just the use of the site.

I say that any excess is used for any club related purpose the mod's deem fit (my preference is for events or for the production of the mugs etc mentioned below)

Then any other items ie mugs calendars etc can be sold to us at cost + postage, or maybe cost + small markup (for the club or whoever is burdened with distributing the stuff) + postage, and the main 'kitty' can be reimbursed as it were........

I do agree that just being part of this website is worth £10 alone but it would be in the best interests for the club as a whole for members to receive items which advertise the club.

With more advertisement and more recognition the club could achive things like better value group buys, club insurance at more competative prices, etc. etc.

The bigger and more well known the club then the more 'power' it has at events, which can only be a good thing for its members..... don't you think?

Sending out gifts vouchers etc takes up an enorrmous amount of time annd money. Both would be better applied to thhe site. The Mods have their hands full enough as it is, and the idea of making this the best known Supra site and therfore bigger meets or more frequent meets is a great idea.Stickers and cards are great as it helps us mem bers to spread the name and make thhe site better known. My 2p worth.Lol:)

Regardss,

Sheena:)

Originally posted by jusie

was i supposed to get something when i became a member cos i never did?

IIRC you are in the pile of ones that are awaiting the new cards being made up. If you received an email from me asking for your postal address then you will be sent some, and, royal mail allowing you will receive them too....

• 2 weeks later...

Well, the majority seem to feel that the best way to go is:

First year members get stickers (and for now) cards

Second year (and beyond) renewals will not receive any "freebie" but the money will be recycled into setting up costs for merchandise, subsequently lowering the cost for members to purchase goods.

We are looking into the possibility of membership cards.

If members want more cards at any point they can have (within reason!!)

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by Supragal

Well, the majority seem to feel that the best way to go is:

First year members get stickers (and for now) cards

Second year (and beyond) renewals will not receive any "freebie" but the money will be recycled into setting up costs for merchandise, subsequently lowering the cost for members to purchase goods.

We are looking into the possibility of membership cards.

If members want more cards at any point they can have (within reason!!)

Rosie et all,

I enjoy being part of the club, freebies are nice, but the friendship & good times mean more, for my 2p worth, without you guys I would not cherish the fun and the help of the club. I'm sure the full members, would pay 10 times the fee, as the "club" and the work people like Rosie do is worth the fee.

Personally, my stickers & cards from Rosie at JAE and the fellowship at JAE amongst others evevts, made my £10 seem chicken feed. Long live the hard work by all involved, and I for 1 am not bothered about "freebies", let the good times continue, and let the membership expand. But let Supra Drivers every where, gather and enjoy the fun AND the fellowship this club brings to it.

To everyone that knows me, I wish you all the best for Christmas and the New Year, if you do not know me, the same to you, and you are only friends that I haven't met yet.

Best Wishes

Darkrider666

Tom:flame Dev