The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Rain

Class One

It's been hammering it down here since yesterday, roads are all flooded, traffic chaos. I didn't realise till I nipped out to Tesco's and it took me an hour to get home, involving two very deep puddles!

I feel sorry for the people round by donnington way though - the water was up over the bonnets of parked cars in places.

I have to drive up to Aylesbury tonight, think I'm going to be leaving *very* early!!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm ordering a special glass umbrella so that the beer doesn't get watered down.

Mine wont be in the can/bottle long enough ;)

Hasn't stopped raining here all day :( The water level on my patio is slowing rising, I'll be glad to escape to JAE!

See you at 6pm Pete :) I'll bring both my walkie talkies just incase you forget yours mate.

Just drove home from work, rain stopped play. The 10min drive took me 1hr 15mins through 3 floods with about 30 broken down cars next to them. The farmers are pulling them out with there tractors.

The deepest one had water coming up over the bonnet of the supra, thought i was a gonner.

Made it back i the end. Taking the girlfriends KA tomorrow if it carries on raining.

Well my daughters school was flooded and had to be evacuated. It's the worst flooding in the village in living memory. We're ok as we're on the top of a hill but the roads into/out of the village are impassable at present.

My wife is over in Marlow organising a wedding reception and laying up the tables for 200 in a marquee. Hope she can get home.

My gf and her son are trying to get from Sheffield ot me but the trains are all cancelled. If/when they get near I'm not convinced I can get to them as most of the roads here are flooded (and it's still bucketing it down!) I might not be at JAE, but that's the last thing on my mind right now as my missis might be stranded and roads not far away but at a slightly higher elevation are under water.... Maybe I should start shifting stuff upstairs and go park the Supra elsewhere! :(

cr*p weather!!

I spent the last hour and a half trying to escape my stupid town - ALL of the possible routes out are flooded. :(

My gf is 20 miles away, on a bus, stuck in a jam that hasn't moved for half an hour. I have no idea how close she wil/won't be able to get to me, assuming it gets moving again at some point. FFS

Really unlikely to be at JAE now! lol

EDIT - Kate & Dan got here eventually. Long story, but got here in the end - against the odds! :)

Will probably go to JAE, but just for the Sunday. Don't fancy camping!