The mkiv Supra Owners Club

people who are running ferrea valves

absz

Right i,m fitting ferrea valves to my cylinder head and have sold some spare sets of valves to members. talking to LUI today and it seems that these valves are not direct replacements as such as the valve angles are different and require the valve seats to be recut, confirmed by michel lane and dusty.

just wondering if this is common knowledge or not as it can cause compression problem in the long run if the valve seats are not recut.:taped:

I would assume that anyone upgrading their valves will (as a minimum) be recutting the seats accordingly.....

What's the valve profile (seat area) like compared to stock?

well to be honset my valve seats are in very good condition and i would of just lapped them in. not sure what stock profile is the the new valves are 22* flow

Do they not tell you the valve face angle is different to the seat? I would guess cutting the seat angle to suit these valves will pocket them, to the detriment of flow... The only correct work around is new seats, something to avoid doing to a head if possible, as there is always the risk of the new coming loose.